What did you cook/eat today (December 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lunch today was tortellini (stuffed with spinach and ricotta) in tomato sauce..
PSX_20171211_093206.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Lunch today was tortellini (stuffed with spinach and ricotta) in tomato sauce..
View attachment 12027

@MypinchofItaly

Wonderful ..

Have a lovely evening .. Very very cold & windy in Madrid .. Approx. 2 degrees - 4 degrees centig .. It is warmer in Barcelona, 12 degrees and expecting rain tomorrow .. We hope to land before it begins .. Going home tomorrow .. We had a wonderful Italian dinner in Madrid last night .. Ignazio opened up a new Trattoria ( small ) and truly amazing .. It was nice to see him ..

@MypinchofItaly

Wonderful ..

Have a lovely evening .. Very very cold & windy in Madrid .. Approx. 2 degrees - 4 degrees centig .. It is warmer in Barcelona, 12 degrees and expecting rain tomorrow .. We hope to land before it begins .. Going home tomorrow .. We had a wonderful Italian dinner in Madrid last night .. Ignazio opened up a new Trattoria ( small ) and truly amazing .. It was nice to see him ..

Thank you @Francesca
What did you eat to Ignazio restaurant?

Cooked on a trivet of vegetables- carrots, potatoes, onion, celery, garlic plus bay leaves and whole peppercorns. Red wine added after initial high temp blast and covered tightly for slow cook. Herb garden pretty inaccessible today
You missed out now you skimmed and reduced the pan stock and made a stunning sauce:okay:

When I do it I make a bbq style wet rub with aromatics and the veg base. I don't add any liquid but I do reduce everything in the pan to a nice sticky glaze.

Oh that's curious because lately garlic cloves were very giants (and not so tasty) whilst these I have just bought are smaller..
Its difficult to estimate size from your photo. I'm sure it wasn't as big as my Giant garlic clove. But I love the way you use them whole...

I think I have a bit of catching up to do! Thursday night's dinner was Speckknödel, with Spätzle and mixed veg on Friday. Last night I had Anda Dar-Behest (Aromatic soufflé), and this time I did cook it in the oven. Nicely risen with a slightly crunchy top. It was accompanied by spicy sautéed potatoes. Tonight's dinner was a lamb dhansak which I'd frozen a few weeks ago, accompanied by flat breads.

Thank you @Francesca
What did you eat to Ignazio restaurant?

@MypinchofItaly

Firstly, as you know Ignazio is from Sardinia and since there are approx 200 Italian Restaurants including Trattorias in Madrid, he decided to do Sardinian regional and Sicilian.

The bread basket was heaven on earth & included a rustic round bread called: Civraxiu ..

To start off, Ignazio and my husband and I know each other approx. 10 - 12 years .. So, he brought out some appetisers ( Like an Antipasti but served on a slate board ) and a bottle of Prosecco.

My husband had the Linguini all´ Aragosta ( lobster ) and I had Cassola ( a shellfish, seafood & fish stew with Seppia = Squid ) ..

We shared the 2 dishes ..

We also shared a dessert too ! and had Sardinian Port which I am very fond of .. The dessert was Sicilian in products, and quite amazingly extraordinary. A citrus fruit cannolli filled with fresh made on the premises ricotta, Azahar - orange flower water, Sicilian White wine, citrus fruit, vanilla Golden sugar, orange zest and black chocolate too.

And 2 doublé Espressos !!!!

Have a lovely evening ..

Last edited:
You missed out now you skimmed and reduced the pan stock and made a stunning sauce:okay:

When I do it I make a bbq style wet rub with aromatics and the veg base. I don't add any liquid but I do reduce everything in the pan to a nice sticky glaze.
Ok, after taking the lamb out to rest, I added veg water to the pan, mashed it all down on the hob, sieved and separated the liquid and thickened with cornflour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom