What did you cook/eat today (December 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sausages had black pudding in them, rather tasty they were too

P_20171207_173448.jpg

We are having a take on Caprese salad, using red bell pepper instead of tomato, grilled asparagus rafts wrapped in Prosciutto di Parma. Oh, morning glory, I bought a baguette, gorgonzola, more prosciutto and pulled out some fig jam from the freezer. Guess what kind of crostini we are having? Who said you need to wait for pizza? Hopefully I can get some pictures to post.

Nasi Goreng

9B64B683-831B-416E-A5D3-B2E24A6FFC2E.jpeg

I cooked it for the family before I went to class last night. Boxed it up in take away containers & put it in the fridge so they could eat if & when they felt like it. OH is busy with too many projects & my teen daughter has broken 2 bones in her foot so is a bit under the weather.

When I got home at 10pm I had moved past hunger and just had a handful of pistachios & small glass of Sauvignon blanc.

This morning has been busy with baking so I’m starving at 9:30am. My green smoothie can wait until later. Much later.

54A8400E-8A6B-46F0-8191-B8226C5B456B.jpeg

Last edited:
Craig prepped cooked everything other than the fig preserves that I had made with the first of the year figs. I helped with some of the final putting together, presentation. The grilled asparagus, prosciutto bundles were dressed with a lemon juice vinaigrette. The caprese salad was dressed with a balsamic vinaigrette after the pic.

2017-12-07 18.11.55.jpg
2017-12-07 18.11.06.jpg
2017-12-07 18.10.26.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Craig prepped cooked everything other than the fig preserves that I had made with the first of the season figs. I helped with some of the final putting together, presentation. The grilled asparagus, prosciutto bundles were dressed with a lemon juice vinaigrette. The caprese salad was dressed with a balsamic vinaigrette after the pic.

View attachment 11969 View attachment 11970 View attachment 11969 View attachment 11970 View attachment 11971

Absolutely beautiful. Great presentation. I'm craving asparagus!

Craig prepped cooked everything other than the fig preserves that I had made with the first of the year figs. I helped with some of the final putting together, presentation. The grilled asparagus, prosciutto bundles were dressed with a lemon juice vinaigrette. The caprese salad was dressed with a balsamic vinaigrette after the pic.
Goodness, there's so much going on here… and so much to like. I almost forgot that Craig mentioned that the caprese salad used bell pepper instead of tomato. I imagine it felt lighter, more refreshing that way? I'll definitely have to try my hand at making fig jam. Thanks for sharing… and for the pictures!

This looks terrific. I've never heard of it, but I see now that it is Indonesian fried rice. My to-do list in the kitchen keeps getting bigger the more I look at this forum, but I love it. :hungry:

Yes, Indonesian and Malay, together with it's sister dish mee goring (noodles). The problem is that in both those countries they use palm oil to fry the rice which I dislike.

Goodness, there's so much going on here… and so much to like. I almost forgot that Craig mentioned that the caprese salad used bell pepper instead of tomato. I imagine it felt lighter, more refreshing that way? I'll definitely have to try my hand at making fig jam. Thanks for sharing… and for the pictures!

The bell peppers are really just a preference thing on my part. Craig likes it either way, but I'll take a roasted red bell over a tomato any day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom