What did you cook/eat today (December 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@The Late Night Gourmet

I have to try that. I usually just cut the Brussels in half, toss with salt, pepper and EVOO the cook in a hot skillet to get a little char. Your version sounds very tasty and will make a nice change.
I often blanch Brussels and then cook them in the oven for a few minutes on top other roast veggies.

I was just about to go into the kitchen to cook myself Speckknödel (bacon dumplings) for dinner when there was a knock at the door. An unexpected visitor. I couldn't kick him out - he's just lost his Mum and his Gran, and today he learnt that his Dad hasn't got long :( - so it was an onion and tomato omelette with chips for dinner at 10.30.

I was just about to go into the kitchen to cook myself Speckknödel (bacon dumplings) for dinner when there was a knock at the door. An unexpected visitor. I couldn't kick him out - he's just lost his Mum and his Gran, and today he learnt that his Dad hasn't got long :( - so it was an onion and tomato omelette with chips for dinner at 10.30.
Onion and tomato omelette with chips sounds great to me!

RE: baked beans. I really do not care fro them even with BBQ. I prefer black beans or pinto beans.
Baked beans are a pretty staple item in the UK, but I think what we call baked beans is somewhat different to what they are in the US. When I cooked my black bean curry a couple of days ago, it was the first time I had ever tried them, and it was the same with the black eyed beans I had a couple of weeks back.

img_1010-jpg.jpg

Thai Ratatouille, @Yorky - style. Follow the link to find out what I changed (hint: it was everything!), as well as why I decided to photograph it in the style of @Yorky (actually, I don't think I ever explained why: I just thought it would be fun).

img_1009-jpg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom