What did you cook/eat today (December 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Yorky Those eggs are so beautiful. That deep orange color is amazing.

:happy: G is the same way. I have a hard time convincing him that breakfast is not just for breakfast. I can eat breakfast any time of the day.

Breakfast for dinner (tea?) is very popular in this house. It normally includes bacon or sausages with eggs, chips, tomato & mushrooms. Possibly baked beans.

I frequently see member's plates with baked beans - not a fave of mine and not something that I would consider with traditional breakfast foods eaten whenever. Another issue of conditioning - baked beans are served with BBQ.

Lunch today.

Rooting around in the freezer - looking for that last pack of gumbo - found Cumin roasted Cauliflower soup from a previous challenge. I took both out and had the soup for lunch with sliced garden tomatoes. The tomatoes needed nothing but salt and pepper.

Breakfast for dinner (tea?) is very popular in this house. It normally includes bacon or sausages with eggs, chips, tomato & mushrooms. Possibly baked beans.

It is very rare we have the 'full English' at breakfast, we prefer to eat it for an evening meal because we have more time to cook it.

Tonight I tried a new aubergine dish for my parents and in an attempt to join the ingredients challenge. It was nice (pleasantly edible) but not 'you need to make that again' nice. But I will make it again. Tomorrow. I have another aubergine and it looks like we will be snowed in so I have a captive taste-test team (my poor parents)

Tonight I tried a new aubergine dish for my parents and in an attempt to join the ingredients challenge. It was nice (pleasantly edible) but not 'you need to make that again' nice. But I will make it again. Tomorrow. I have another aubergine and it looks like we will be snowed in so I have a captive taste-test team (my poor parents)

Wow! That is dedication. Why was it 'underwhelming' do you think?

I frequently see member's plates with baked beans - not a fave of mine and not something that I would consider with traditional breakfast foods eaten whenever. Another issue of conditioning - baked beans are served with BBQ.
Its a British thing. We have beans with a full English breakfast (not always) and on toast as a snack. Its the Heinz tinned baked beans effect... they aren't proper baked beans.

I have strong opinion re: heinz baked beans in a 'full English'. Does not belong. See also: hash browns.

Eta: both have their place. Just not as part of a full English.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom