What did you cook/eat today (December 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@morning glory

The name of the Restaurant is: Restaurante Da Giuseppina: Calle Trafalgar 17 - Madrid Capital - Metro (Underground) Number 1 or 4: Bilbao Station or Metro 1 to Iglesias .. Neighborhood: Chamberí .. Reservations are highly suggested: 34 / 91 - 445 - 8539 ..

The website: www.dagiuseppina.com

Tuesday through Friday there is a laboral day menú ( choice of 3 or 4 starters and choice of 3 or 4 mains plus a glass of wine or beer or beverage and a café or tea ) .. It is 16 Euros. The specials of the day are a la carte and more ..

Six doors down from the Restaurant, is the Italian gourmet shop which is worth a look ..

Thank you!

Rich Mushroom and Root Vegetable Stew (vegan):

20171212_140626.jpg

Wednesday. A quick classic traditional but fantastic " Bocadillo de Calamares " = A baguette with Calamares .. And a spectacular ali oli prepared by scratch at a local tavern neighbor, Antonio ..

Just hit the spot .. So much office work to do with sending the clients Season´s Greeting Cards via email abroad to the agencies we collaborate with ..

Last edited:
Just the evening meal, made hastily after we last one of the chicks from our bantam... She's started listing much earlier than she should and as such not looking after them as well as she should be (though in all fairness she has had no other chook going broody to guide her) and the chicks are left to be babysat by the rest of the flock or left on their own. Well at final feed time tonight (we've taken to doing the head count early since others have gone missing, she lost a chick early on which died as a result) and doing a head count when there's enough light left to actually find a chick is easier than checking them after dark!

So a hastily prepared evening meal (after the chick had been found safe and well and actually already in the chook house!)

PSX_20171214_003914.jpg

That's the last of the aubergine Tarte Tatin. Tomorrow I'll make a rhubarb one instead.. If it isn't too hot that is. It's forecast to be 34C and I may have to cook it first thing in the morning and reheat later.

img_1023-jpg.jpg

Hasselback Baby Eggplant Parmesan.

Note that I made far more parmesan/breadcrumb/thyme mixture than I should have, meaning it was exactly the amount I needed (I just scraped some off the bottom of the pan and added it to the plate). If the portion I brought for lunch today looks decent, I'll add a photo of that here, too.

Last edited:
Just the evening meal, made hastily after we last one of the chicks from our bantam... She's started listing much earlier than she should and as such not looking after them as well as she should be (though in all fairness she has had no other chook going broody to guide her) and the chicks are left to be babysat by the rest of the flock or left on their own. Well at final feed time tonight (we've taken to doing the head count early since others have gone missing, she lost a chick early on which died as a result) and doing a head count when there's enough light left to actually find a chick is easier than checking them after dark!

So a hastily prepared evening meal (after the chick had been found safe and well and actually already in the chook house!)

View attachment 12105

That's the last of the aubergine Tarte Tatin. Tomorrow I'll make a rhubarb one instead.. If it isn't too hot that is. It's forecast to be 34C and I may have to cook it first thing in the morning and reheat later.

@SatNavSaysStraightOn

Looks wonderful ..

Sorry to hear about the loss of a chick ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom