What did you cook/eat today (December 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Duchess quiche. It's a 30 plus year old dish from Cinderella's castle in Disney, Florida. When DD was young, it was very affordable for FL residents to go several times a year as the rates were heavily discounted. It's really just quiche Lorraine with the addition of ham and onions sautéed in the bacon fat. Craig's making some kind of potato to serve with. I'll post a picture of plate if everything makes it.

2017-12-14 18.36.29.jpg

Duchess quiche. It's a 30 plus year old dish from Cinderella's castle in Disney, Florida. When DD was young, it was very affordable for FL residents to go several times a year as the rates were heavily discounted. It's really just quiche Lorraine with the addition of ham and onions sautéed in the bacon fat. Craig's making some kind of potato to serve with. I'll post a picture of plate if everything makes it.

View attachment 12153

That looks beautifully puffed up from the oven. I love quiche.

Thursday was the mutt's 6th birthday, so I cooked for him as well. Here is a comparison between what he had, and what I had :D:laugh:

Breakfast - he had oats and yoghurt, followed by a chookie egg with soldiers (OK, so they were "gravy bites" soldiers, not bread!). I had porridge.
Lunch - he had three chicken wings. I had a cheese and pickle sandwich.
Afternoon snack - we both finished off the rice pudding I'd made a couple of days ago.
Dinner - he had chicken and turkey terrine courtesy of the Co-op, but with added kale and a large carrot. Now this is where I got my own back on him. I had spicy potatoes, middle eastern bean stew, halloumi wraps, and kale with sumac and pomegranate seeds (OK, it should have been spinach but I didn't have any, so I substituted blanched curly kale. What's more, it worked, and it was absolutely delicious), and home made yoghurt, followed by a fresh orange.
Supper - he had a bit of one of the halloumi wraps with some beans and tomato, and three pieces of the orange. I had a cup of hot chocolate.

bean stew, spicy potatoes, kale with sumac, halloumi wraps.jpg

Today is our office Christmas Party lunch at 14.00 ..

Reservations are set .. We are all quite excited .. We will begin with a Cava (Gramona) extra Brut natural sparkling White here at the office and then head over to a fave spot for lunch ..

Have a lovely weekend ahead ..

Thursday was the mutt's 6th birthday, so I cooked for him as well. Here is a comparison between what he had, and what I had :D:laugh:

Breakfast - he had oats and yoghurt, followed by a chookie egg with soldiers (OK, so they were "gravy bites" soldiers, not bread!). I had porridge.
Afternoon snack - we both finished off the rice pudding I'd made a couple of days ago.
Dinner - he had chicken and turkey terrine courtesy of the Co-op, but with added kale and a large carrot. Now this is where I got my own back on him. I had spicy potatoes, middle eastern bean stew, halloumi wraps, and kale with sumac and pomegranate seeds (OK, it should have been spinach but I didn't have any, so I substituted blanched curly kale. What's more, it worked, and it was absolutely delicious), and home made yoghurt, followed by a fresh orange.
Supper - he had a bit of one of the halloumi wraps with some beans and tomato, and three pieces of the orange. I had a cup of hot chocolate.

View attachment 12156
Can I book my next birthday party at your place please? :hungry:

View attachment 12156

Your mutt is eating better than a lot of people I know!

IMG_199.jpg

Supper last night was a bit of a flop. I had bought monkfish to prepare a Moroccan spiced dish, but my wife had been a little off colour and didn't want anything too spicy. Plan B was to douse the fish in seasoned flour, pan fry it in butter and serve it with a leek and mustard sauce and new potatoes. However, a trip to the fridge yielded some unused tagliatelle, so in a fit of economy I substituted this for the potatoes. Big mistake. The pasta totally absorbed all of the lovely sauce, leaving a soggy mess and no sauce. And I browned the sautee butter which coloured and tainted the fish. Hopefully, my wife will regain her appetite today.

G out fishing Wednesday afternoon and yesterday morning. He came home with an ice chest of Red Fish. The guys limited out on red fish twice than started crabbing. We also have a dozen lovely blue point crabs.

G started cleaning the fish but stopped. It is cold and rainy. I am waiting for the crabs. Sorry Guys - men can sometimes be so silly. He has his cleaning table set up in the yard. I very nicely suggested that he move to his shop and turn on the portable heater. G "I'll have fish scales all over my shop." Me "The hose has a pressure nozzle - no problem" His cleaning station is still in the yard. He is in his recliner on the phone. Good thing I love him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom