What did you cook/eat today (February 2018)?

I finally managed to get the pictures from Friday's dinner.

Chicken and artichoke stuffed boneless chicken.

20180202_190240.jpg

With Sweet and Savory Baked Sweet Potato Fries

20180202_190649.jpg

With a salad

20180202_190018.jpg

The chicken was drizzled with pan drippings.

Don't get excited - I did not bone and stuff a chicken. The family owned market just down the road prepares oven ready boned, stuffed chickens. An assortment of stuffing. The spinach and artichoke is our favorite. 1 hour and 15 minutes in a 375 degree F oven and dinner is served.

Don't get excited - I did not bone and stuff a chicken. The family owned market just down the road prepares oven ready boned, stuffed chickens. An assortment of stuffing. The spinach and artichoke is our favorite. 1 hour and 15 minutes in a 375 degree F oven and dinner is served.

Looks scrummy! I like that salad too. Can you tell me, are you using your new Samsung phone camera set to maximum picture size?

Artichokes are Mediterranean Dear ..

Very nice chicken ..

Artchokes grow all over the place though - I can grow them in my garden. And in the USA, I've learned (courtesy of Wiki) California provides nearly 100% of the U.S. crop, and about 80% of that is grown in Monterey County; there, Castroville proclaims itself to be "The Artichoke Center of the World", and holds the annual Castroville Artichoke Festival!

Interestingly though (I've only recently learned this from following @ElizabethB 's posts), Cajun food has its roots in French food.

There are lots of delicious mediterranean artichoke dishes, of course. There are also some lovely Iranian artichoke dishes which I looked at not long ago when researching for challenge on another forum.

Last edited:
I just found out I'm getting off late tonight and that we will be keeping out 2 year old grandson, and his 3.5 year old half brother. Wife texted me and said that she will be bringing home frozen pizzas for dinner :(

Back
Top Bottom