What did you cook/eat today (February 2018)?

IMG_E1154.JPG

Brisket Burger with Blueberry BBQ Sauce. I topped it with my interpretation of @detroitdad's excellent blueberry BBQ sauce, and it's actually "only" 35% brisket, with the rest being chuck steak, as I showed in this post. Also making an appearance are my favorite burger toppings: homemade kimchi and pickled red onions. I had envisioned this looking better once put together, but the bun was larger than I expected for a 4 ounce burger. So, of course, this means I'll have to make larger patties!

@morning glory & @ElizabethB

The Egyptians, Greeks and Romans cultivated the Artichoke. It was not until the 19th Century, that The French brought the artichoke to Louisana. The world´s largest producer of the Artichoke is Italy followed by Sicilia, Spain and France. The States is the 9th producer of substantial quantity.

The roast chicken looks Mediterranean .. My view .. It is a compliment, nothing more or nothing less.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anything special that you do with it? Beer picture? :)

Unless we are cooking for a crowd buying a sack and boiling them is too much work. Much easier to take out or eat out. Step Son was in town so we went to one of the local crawfish joints. No craft beer so a bottle - okay 2 bottles of Coors. I am not much of a beer drinker and did not finish the second bottle. Beer bloats me.

There are as many ways to boil crawfish as there are people in south Louisiana. Some people toss seasoning on the outside of the crawfish. I like the seasoning in the water. Pop the tails off, suck the head, peel the tail and pop it in your mouth.

But many are missing their tails!:eek: Time to start checking RD for sacks! Don't you mean "BOTTLES of cold beer"?

The tails are missing because I ate them before taking the pic.!!

Hello all... lovely looking dishes.

I must say that chicken is lick the iPad worthy.

We've been eating all sorts of things... a really good chicken & broccoli stir fry with lotss ginger, chilli & garlic. A whopping heap of toasted sesame seeds added as garnish.

Last night was a prawn pasta dish using tom yum paste and cherry tomatoes.

Side note. Apologies for the MIA. I've just started a new full time contract that's a 40 minute drive from home. Plus I'm studying on Thursday night and there's some weekend stuff too. Life is a bit crazy right now but it should settle.

Back
Top Bottom