What did you cook/eat today (February 2018)?

Earlier this afternoon - too late for lunch but too early for dinner - lunner. A link of Boudin from my neighborhood market and a package of Dill Pickle potato Chips (crisp)

20180209_160535.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good photo. Daylight? The Boudin looks fantastic. Is there blood in that sausage?
Thank you. Yes - daylight makes a big difference. No blood boudin. It is has been a long time since I have seen Blood Boudin. The filling is VERY dark - much like your blood pudding. The filling is rice, ground pork, green onions and seasonings.

hank you. Yes - daylight makes a big difference
It shows. I really can't begin to tell you how much. Unless you are trained in photography and have a set of professional lights and a studio set-up, then daylight is your very best friend. Get those plates into the light (not direct sun as that causes harsh shadows) and you will produce first rate results.

That was my rant for the day. Back to food:

I thought it might be a blood pudding type sausage. Wasn't sure. It looks great and I only wish I could have a bite!

Its that 'ant' acid again! Looks delicious of course. I'm wondering it the anatto/achiote I bought will achieve a similar result.

I used the packet mix again but the only addition I made was to brush the pork with a little honey about half way through the cooking process.

[Note regarding cooking with a halogen oven - no need to remove the dish from the oven - removing the halogen lid gives adequate access].

Back
Top Bottom