What did you cook/eat today (July 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Offal today.

raw liver s.jpg

Apples cooked with semolina? That's intrigued me a lot...
I just sliced the apples up thinly and put them in a saucepan with the semolina. I added some whey to the pan and waited a minute or two until the semolina had soaked up all the liquid (no lumps that way :D), then added more whey and a little milk, and cooked it. The apples were nice and warm, and the semolina had a gorgeous flavour.

How much good things..the stuffed olives then had to be very good. The salame ( I think you mean saucisson?) did not like it to her?
She finds them hard work to eat, which this one certainly was. Even trying to slice this one was like trying to cut down a tree with a bread knife. It was tasty though.

Busy day=quick supper. We had garden salads, then sandwiches on toasted croissants. Hubby had a ham-and-sharp American cheese AND a turkey and Swiss. I have one sandwich with both ham and turkey, and a slice of Swiss cheese. Last of the store-bought dill pickles, too. I'll start the first batch of pickles for this summer come tomorrow.

I just sliced the apples up thinly and put them in a saucepan with the semolina. I added some whey to the pan and waited a minute or two until the semolina had soaked up all the liquid (no lumps that way :D), then added more whey and a little milk, and cooked it. The apples were nice and warm, and the semolina had a gorgeous flavour.

Interesting thing. Thank you, I'll try it.

Fantastic! It looks like an egg custard - is it similar in texture?
It is very similar in texture and taste to an egg custard. It is just a lot lighter being made with water. It is actually very good and you hardly know you have eaten it, so seconds are an option.

It does look good. What is the red powder on top. It can't be paprika surely?
I think it is the cinnamon or the nutmeg... I'll have another look...its chestnut rather than red on my screen - its the cinnamon we get here, there is a certain tinge to it.

Tonight.

We've been helping my inlaws move into their new flat. Plus we all went for a walk today so we are starving.

I'm cleaning out the crisper & using up leftovers.

Veggie filled stir fry with leftover roast pork & pad Thai sauce flavours topped with peanuts & cashews.

Plus a Thai beef salad sans beef

Plus prawn rice paper rolls & pork rice paper rolls with hoisin dipping sauce.

IMG_6173.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom