What did you cook/eat today (July 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The golden curry that I made last night.

0715171943b_HDR.jpg

I shouldn't have listened to the instructions and gone with my gut. It was way overcooked, and it called for too much water to make the sauce from the weird curry wax cubes.

With a load of powdered cayenne, it was edible, nonetheless.

I shouldn't have listened to the instructions and gone with my gut. It was way overcooked, and it called for too much water to make the sauce from the weird curry wax cubes.

Curry wax cubes?

Tonight.

We've been helping my inlaws move into their new flat. Plus we all went for a walk today so we are starving.

I'm cleaning out the crisper & using up leftovers.

Veggie filled stir fry with leftover roast pork & pad Thai sauce flavours topped with peanuts & cashews.

Plus a Thai beef salad sans beef

Plus prawn rice paper rolls & pork rice paper rolls with hoisin dipping sauce.

View attachment 9143

That all looks very good - great photos too!

Then sandwiches on toasted croissants. Hubby had a ham-and-sharp American cheese AND a turkey and Swiss. I have one sandwich with both ham and turkey, and a slice of Swiss cheese

I never thought of making savoury sandwiches with croissants - but perhaps lots of people do it. Its probably just my ignorance.

View attachment 9147

This is the stuff I use, I do make it with less water because I like it thicker, with a dash of soy to help the seasoning. I fry the meat and veg then add the sauce and cook out for no more than five minutes.

original.jpg

Today Yorkie posted a offal and sausage meal at 0930 ..and since looking at it i have been craving craving gravy...i tried to satify this without buying anything except what was in the fridge...Here we go sausage and onion..new tatties and veg -the sausages was done in i frying pan that i had reviewed earlier on today from LIDL
P1000875.JPG

P1000873.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
My dinner, deconstructed!

WP_20170716_21_04_27_Pro.jpg

Spinach kedgeree but using spring greens instead of spinach, onion instead of spring onions, and chopped carrot tops instead of chives. I used fresh broad beans instead of French beans for a change, and the stock was the last of the thawed out stock left over from my Middle Eastern beans recipe plus water to make up the quantity. Freshly picked blackberries for afters. All washed down with 2 mugs of decaf free trade Colombian coffee.

My newish "toy" is in the background, the red and white strainer - perfect for rinsing and draining fine uncooked basmati rice!

Today Yorkie posted a offal and sausage meal at 0930 ..and since looking at it i have been craving craving gravy...i tried to satify this without buying anything except what was in the fridge...Here we go sausage and onion..new tatties and veg -the sausages was done in i frying pan that i had reviewed earlier on today from LIDL
I've been craving it too. Onion gravy! :hyper:

I never thought of making savoury sandwiches with croissants - but perhaps lots of people do it. Its probably just my ignorance.
I've used them that way often, probably because we can be heathens on this side of the pond. :D I've used croissants for sandwiches of ham and cheese, turkey and cheese, tuna salad or egg salad. Keep in mind I'm not ruining high-end, bakery shop versions. The ones I used last night are from a 6-count clam shell package from Aldi. Adequate for this purpose, or for stuffing with nice, melty chocolate and microwaving on very low just enough to melt the chocolate. Quick and easy decadence.

This is the stuff I use, I do make it with less water because I like it thicker, with a dash of soy to help the seasoning. I fry the meat and veg then add the sauce and cook out for no more than five minutes.

View attachment 9159

Yup, that's the stuff. It was good, but a little watery. And I should have cooked the veggies less.

Supper tonight was salads. This one was mine ~ baby lettuces with cherries, blueberries, walnuts, and cheddar with cranberries.

20170716_230702.jpg

Hubby asked for a "normal" salad, so his lettuce had cucumber, carrot, radishes, raw mushrooms, scallions, and tomato. Then we each had a croissant with ham and cheese, and sharp cheese.

Later, we each had some ricotta cheese with macerated cherries and almonds.

20170717_014205.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom