What did you cook/eat today (July 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not exactly a "golden curry" but a pleasant colour nevertheless.

july curry 0 s.jpg

Ready to be re-heated for this evening.

This didn't really work. Bratfud Bangla chicken curry with OXO roast potatoes and a wholemeal roti. I thought the spuds would make a change from rice.

july curry 2 s.jpg

Pork chops topped with stuffing/dressing and slow cooked. Broccoli and cauliflower in cheese sauce.

Still no kitchen...
That must be driving you nuts, Roch. How can you relax from a day of cooking without coming home to cook? Seriously! Cooking to order for customers must get to you sometimes, while cooking at home for you and your GF has to be a pleasure. I hope your kitchen is back to order soon.

Since mentioning Picadillo a couple of days ago, I've had a taste for it. Today was a good day for making it, since I had been busy with other things. I excavated some already-cooked ground beef from the freezer got busy with the rest of the ingredients. I'm slow in the kitchen, but dinner was still on the table in less than an hour, start-to-finish. Not bad for a dish that had to simmer on the stove top for half an hour!

20170717_224000.jpg

While it was cooking, we munched on crudités.

20170717_191932.jpg

ตําซั่ว (sam tua) - A concoction of green papaya, rice noodles, fish sauce and garlic which is normally considered "hardcore" although my wife didn't add many chilis to this one. This was made from part of the papaya previously posted in "the size of vegetables".

sam tua s.jpg

For @morning glory : The spoons suggest that the dish is for two people to share. More spoons would be added for more people dining.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom