What did you cook/eat today (July 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My son made cinnamon and powdered sugar crepes for us this morning.

0725171227a_HDR.jpg

Wow...beautiful technique on the crepes! Do you have a crepe pan?

By comparison, my son...well, I assume he's still sleeping (that's summer vacation for a 14-year-old). When he finally gets up, I assume the microwave will be involved.

Wow...beautiful technique on the crepes! Do you have a crepe pan?

By comparison, my son...well, I assume he's still sleeping (that's summer vacation for a 14-year-old). When he finally gets up, I assume the microwave will be involved.

Yes, my 13 y.o. son woke up at the crack of noon as well.

No, no crepe pan. He just swirls it around a non-stick frying pan.

I never cease to be impressed by your son's culinary skills. Do you think he might want to be a Chef one day? Whatever, his skills will make him very popular if he goes away to university. And, of course, with any potential partners.

Tonight's pizza ready forth'oven. Pepperoni, mushroom and chili with onions and garlic. A little dried oregano will be scattered around later.

[I am still having difficulties uploading images to this site - the one in question is 800 x 648 px (234 Kb)]

Last edited:
Fishcakes again last night, but not the Yorkshire variety. I had to take a contribution to a bring and share lunch so thought these would go down well, and I made extra for dinner. Mashed potato, lemon juice/zest; salmon, parsley/thyme, s 'n' p. Coated in gf breadcrumbs. (Sorry for bad picture)
20170725_094216.jpeg

I had only three eggs in the fridge and a little leftover piece of smoked scamorza and ham...so I've made

These look lovely, I'll try with some smoked salmon.

Still feels like autumn, and looks like reasonable weather the rest of the week. I took advantage of today's cool temperatures and made a beef roast, with mashed potatoes, corn, peas, and a lovely gravy made from a mountain of fresh mushrooms and pan juices. Lordy, we ate good tonight!

20170725_222324.jpg

Later, to celebrate July 25th's National Hot Fudge Sundae day, we each had one of these:

20170726_014727.jpg

Tonight's pizza ready forth'oven. Pepperoni, mushroom and chili with onions and garlic. A little dried oregano will be scattered around later.

[I am still having difficulties uploading images to this site - the one in question is 800 x 648 px (234 Kb)]

pizza pepperoni mushroom chil 1 s.jpg

I rebooted the laptop and the modem and reduced the image size to 700 x 567 px. One of those appeared to have solved the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom