What did you cook/eat today (March 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
20180325_151101.jpg

That is a very elegant ensemble of ingredients. I love the idea of the grape stuffed focaccia. I've noticed you use grapes quite often in savoury dishes. Its something which has made me think...
One of my friends often used to serve up pasta with grapes and tomatoes in a light dressing, and a light, green salad. The tomatoes were cooked but not to the point where they went mushy or were hot, and the grapes were more or less warmed through. Delicious.

The time delay means I'm posting afterwards. Had all family (10) here as I normally do on a Sunday. There was a community fun day in the park behind my home yesterday. Free drinks, BBQ, pop corn ice creams, running races etc. I supply 2 power leads for some of the things. So I knew kids would be eating in the park, so I made steak sammys, with fried onions, cheese and a fried egg in it as well. Went down a treat.

Russ

I had Tex-Mex last night: a soft flour tortilla stuffed with shredded chicken, red onions, Jack cheese, pickled jalapenos, and sour cream, and a hard shell corn taco stuffed with the same..

Side of yellow rice and black beans.

Cheap pizza from supermarket last night. Don't know what I'll have later? Maybe a roast chicken, I bought 10 on special, 950 gms for $6 ea a couple of weeks ago. Maybe a few roastys as well.

Russ

My wife made kielbasi and kraut with mashed spuds, side of Polish rye and Slovakian butter (Mazlo).

It was supposed to be for Easter, but since there'll only be 3 of us, kielbasi and a big ham was overkill.

Banh xeo, with red & green leaf lettuce, do chua, nuoc cham, basil, cilantro, green onion, mint, cucumber & Thai sweet chili sauce for chicken (not traditional, but luv that stuff).
Coffee table dins tonite...
Messy as hell..need lots of napkins!

banh xeo 2.jpg
banh xeo 1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom