What did you cook/eat today (March 2018)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No pics but had friends over last night, garlic bread with sun dried tomato bread, I do mine with home made garlic butter, a friend grows garlic for sale and gives me 3 garlic strings, like the ones in allo allo. I serve with a light dash od sweet chilli sauce on top and wee bit of cheese grilled. With smoked chicken and mushroom fettucine. Dessert was orange drizzle slice, stewed rhubarb ice cream and raspberry coulis. Went down a treat. A few too many rums,lol.
Great night though.

Russ

Carpaccio over arugula with shaved Parm R, burrata with an heirloom tomato, basil salad, and grape stuffed focaccia with prosciutto.

2018-03-24 17.06.48.jpg

I couldn't wait for dinner.

2018-03-24 15.59.35.jpg

Carpaccio over arugula with shaved Parm R, burrata with an heirloom tomato, basil salad, and grape stuffed focaccia with prosciutto.

That is a very elegant ensemble of ingredients. I love the idea of the grape stuffed focaccia. I've noticed you use grapes quite often in savoury dishes. Its something which has made me think...

That is a very elegant ensemble of ingredients. I love the idea of the grape stuffed focaccia. I've noticed you use grapes quite often in savoury dishes. Its something which has made me think...

It's actually a new thing. I had only used the grapes once before a good while ago in a savory dish. I just thought this focaccia looked good and thought it would go well with the leftover prosciutto we had that needed to be used up. It was a different kind of focaccia dough than I'm used to, it had butter worked into the dough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom