What did you cook/eat today (May 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
More Korean tonight.

Unaju (bbq eel over rice) with pickled daikon and ginger, and some kind of fried chicken bits in "special sauce", obviously spicy:

0503170119a_HDR.jpg

0503170118c_HDR.jpg

I buy 1 or possibly 2 meat pies per month from my foreign food supplier. I normally leave it up to him as to what he provides but this steak and kidley was from the same outfit that supplies the horseshoe gammon. It was very good with just a soupcon of Bisto gravy.

s&k and gravey 0 s.jpg

The gravy in my new gravy boat :))).

s&k and gravey 2 s.jpg

Today was a busy day cleaning out the chook house, doing some repairs and generally getting ready for the potential of chicks at the weekend, so I only had time to make another batch of batbout for our evening meal which with the last of the potato cakes (definite hit with hubby and requested again) was served with the last of the broccoli and pasta soup... No time so photos and not very interesting in the dark anyhow...

Last edited:
I've used green pitted olives, but black olives would be better..next time. Anyway, as I wrote, was a very light dish...too much light...infact I'm still hungry but I have to go out now....Burger King is near here....:rolleyes:

Today will be chicken Parmesan, baked beans, pasta and either garlic bread or rolls. With chocolate chip cookies.
Tomorrow will be steak with homemade mushroom soups. (Though not the thick steaks I had planned to grill but then steaks. The change was caused by thumb accidentally catching the wrapping on the thin steaks. Tore a hole in the plastic so they are thawing now to be cooked tomorrow.

Chorizo & Pearl Barley Risotto

3eda596c-a313-4e49-9d54-39aaedf147bf_zpsmmxejrzx.jpg

Best I could do edit wise...used hi definition and sharpness to the max! I realise now that I took the shot too close to the dish (I didn't want the surroundings but I could have cropped it later with editing). Lesson learnt - but will I remember it!?

The flavour was very intense (recipe called for a lot of chorizo + had some stock and tinned tomatoes with olives). After this photo I then cooked some diced carrots and added this to it to make it more palatable.

Last edited:
Some really tasty looking food today. From Yorky's pie n gravy, to Mypinch's rollups, morning glory's mudbug salad, and creative's risotto. All, well done!

morning glory, I'm with you on the salad but hold the salmon roe on mine. I've used salmon roe for fishing for so many years (that comes in jars of stinky "fish attractant" liquid) that I couldn't think about eating some.

SSNO, broccoli and pasta soup? Did you post a recipe here, or am I reading it incorrectly? Sounds interesting.

Cin, I love chicken parm, pasta, and garlic bread. I've never had it with baked beans, though.

My wife hit one out of the park tonight. She made Gambas al Ajillo (Portugese style shrimp in garlic sauce).

She and our boy had theirs over rice, but I skipped the rice and must have eaten a half of an Italian bread sopping up the sauce.

0503171744b_HDR.jpg

0503171744e_HDR.jpg

SSNO, broccoli and pasta soup? Did you post a recipe here, or am I reading it incorrectly? Sounds interesting.
I'm not certain if it is here or not. It's directly from a cookbook (an American one which gave me all sorts of issues back in 1994 I think it was when I bought it because I had no idea what three quarters of the ingredients were and the internet was only just in it's infancy. I spent quite a few hours in the library looking things up and making annotations alongside the recipes as I made them. I had no idea what 1 cup of flour weighed or what great northern beans were in British English!

Edit: I realise I have forgotten to mention what the book was.
Soup for all Seasons, by Nava Atlas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom