What did you cook/eat today (May 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I say 'morning' as anyone here knows I mean very late morning. I usually get up after 10 am. And I cook from about 11.30 or in the afternoon.
I awake earlier than I used to now (must be age!) I used to get up at the crack of noon!

When I say 'morning' as anyone here knows I mean very late morning. I usually get up after 10 am. And I cook from about 11.30 or in the afternoon.

I am usually awake and out of my pit by dawn (currently 05:30 here). For any meal that requires a lot of preparation this may start around 11:00 am and then the result cooked from 15:00 ish. I prefer to eat around 16:00 to give my stomach time to digest it (although I haven't eaten this evening yet).

I awake earlier than I used to now (must be age!) I used to get up at the crack of noon!

Ever since I retired (9 years ago!) I've luxuriated in not having to get up for work. I've always been a get up late person and it hasn't changed despite the fact I'm now mid 60's. My partner here, on the other hand has got up earlier an earlier (and is going to bed earlier) since he retired. Now I'm off topic...

Yes I understood...no spice like herbs inside, only some garlic, salt and pepper...maybe sometimes rosemary inside but not so usual..maybe in some regions do this
So, not like sausage...ok....I see it looks like coarse ground..that would make for a different texture...I'll try that when I get my grinder out today...

So, not like sausage...ok....I see it looks like coarse ground..that would make for a different texture...I'll try that when I get my grinder out today...

It would take a whole thread only for our salame/sausage production.We have many different of it from region to region and for my limited english it would be a very hard work to explain all the several pork products..but you now this Rock! :) Don't you ever tasted salamella in Frosinone?

Last edited:
I hardly dare post my evening meal after morning glory's fantastic photo of her dish!

I made a meal based on reduced price food items at the supermarket - diced carrot & swede and diced pork!

It's Pork & Veg Stew (with chilli, tomatoes, french beans, potatoes, veg stock)
7539bcf9-958c-4c0e-8699-5f485d0b32a1_zpspfyngfsm.jpg

It's a kind of our stew " spezzatino" (small pieces of meat and potatoes).

It's a kind of our stew " spezzatino" (small pieces of meat and potatoes).
Well...not really. All the recipes I have seen for spezzatino involve wine. My stew is without wine and some of the pieces of meat quite large - also has swede...not an Italian veg!

Well...not really. All the recipes I have seen for spezzatino involve wine. My stew is without wine and some of the pieces of meat quite large - also has swede...not an Italian veg!

Nope ok, is not exatly like Italian dish, but a bit reminds me it although of course they change certain ingredients .. Uh Swede! Now I know it too (cavolo navone- not so used here).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom