What did you cook/eat today (May 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excuses, excuses... :D
I've got a pesky dog but I put the food higher than he can reach. And if you are talking cats - surely they can be batted off.
Yes, I am talking about two outside cats. They are not easily deterred. Their momma had them under our shed, then split when they were weaned. Grayscale does like to look in the back door while I am cooking.

Today will be the roast I cooked on Monday since we spent most of yesterday shopping and talking. I got me a purse for almost nothing. Also movies for $1 each and cookbooks for $1 or less.

20170524_125446.jpg

Isn't ceramic but granite. I have only one ceramic non-stick pan but I don't use it very often. This in granite is my favourite
I'd be interested to know more about this granite frying pan (never seen one - just the ceramic kind which I have not heard good things about). Why is it your favourite? Is it very heavy e.g. compared to a cast iron one? Can it be used on a gas flame, i.e. a gas cooker?

Last edited:
I'd be interested to know more about this granite frying pan (never seen one - just the ceramic kind which I have not heard good things about). Why is it your favourite? Is it very heavy e.g. compared to a cast iron one? Can it be used on a gas flame, i.e. a gas cooker?

I started a new thread re frying pans as I'm intrigued as well.

It would take a whole thread only for our salame/sausage production.We have many different of it from region to region and for my limited english it would be a very hard work to explain all the several pork products..but you now this Rock! :) Don't you ever tasted salamella in Frosinone?
I probably did. I ate many pork products while I was there. But, due to my limited Italian I didn't realize exactly what I was eating...I guess I figured it was all sausage...

I made a pot of Flageolet beans and sausage on the stove top today. I made this dish once before in the slow cooker (per the recipe), but could not find Flageolet beans and used Navy beans. The stove top version turned out much better; however, I really couldn't tell a difference between the $1.25 Navy and the $3.50 Flageolet. Won't be using those French beans anymore.

Sides were Swiss chard sauteed with bacon, and cheese toasts.
20170524_213654.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom