1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured What did you cook/eat today (November 2017)?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Food Discussions' started by SatNavSaysStraightOn, Nov 1, 2017.

1. SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn Veteran Staff Member

Each month, we start a new thread called "What did you cook/eat today?"

Tell what you have cooked or eaten on that day. As simple as that. The thread is simply to show what you have prepared and/or eaten because it varies so much from person to person and from country to country. Feel free to also cover any meal or snack that you have eaten during the day.

And we love photos!

Francesca likes this.
  2. SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn Veteran Staff Member

Given it's spring and starting to warm up here in the southern hemisphere, I'm onto salads for lunch...

DSC_2163.JPG

And yes, I know, there another double yolker in there! :D
    So lunch was lettuce, carrots, celery, snow peas, tofu, red and green peppers, red grapes, small plum tomatoes, spring onions, hummus, a hard boiled egg and a mushroom. I ate the dates earlier and will probably add in a few green olives as well.

3. Rocklobster

Rocklobster Well-Known Member

Dinner

23115114_10154902331897401_737432219_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2017
  4. Yorky

Yorky Uncomfortably numb

Bought today for cooking later. Fresh water prawns at Bht 213.00/kg (US$ 6.25). I think they made a mistake with the price.

prawns on ice s.jpg

Bowl 250 mm x 175 mm (10" x 7").

5. Yorky

Yorky Uncomfortably numb

Salsa quesadilla this evening.

quesadilla.gif

served s.jpg

6. Lynne Guinne

Lynne Guinne Senior Member

This IS my October 31st dinner photo, but I'm too late to the party to put it into the October thread. Some of us run late in our own time zones...which is about 12 hours behind Oz, no less. :laugh:

Cuban Black Bean Soup, with a dollop of Greek yoghurt...and a squeeze of a wedge of lime:

20171031_203427.jpg

7. Frizz1974

Frizz1974 Well-Known Member

Pork mince & veg stir fry with a single pack of instant ramen noodles added in. The sauce was ginger, garlic, soy, oyster sauce & sesame oil.

71371FEF-C9F4-4DD3-A3A3-D9CBE55A5122.jpeg

I’m pretty sure I managed my full intake of fruit & veg today.

Onion, carrot, cabbage, mushrooms, asparagus & silverbeet greens + chives.

If I cook these sort of stir fries my kids eat all the veg - excepting mushrooms.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
  8. Francesca

Francesca Senior Member

Unfortunately, very little and nothing interesting ..

I caught a terrible cold and it is just some home made chicken soup from home made stock / broth with "vermecilli noodles" and a ginger peeled and boiled in wáter to créate an herbal infusión and fresh honey from farm near by .. So, I am feeling a little better but appetite is on very limited ..

9. Francesca

Francesca Senior Member

@Yorky

Gorgeous prawns !!

Cheap .. They run between 9 to 13 Euros here depending on type and size ..

Have a lovely day ..

ElizabethB likes this.
  10. Francesca

Francesca Senior Member

@SatNavSaysStraightOn

Lovely salad .. Enjoy ..

ElizabethB likes this.
  11. Yorky

Yorky Uncomfortably numb

They were priced on the stall at Bht 369.00/kg (US$ 11.00). The cashier must have cocked it up.

We didn't go back to complain. In fact, we only realised when the prawns were unpacked at home.

12. morning glory

morning glory Obsessive cook Staff Member

This looks like a saffron risotto with... can you tell me what it is with as I'm unsure.:scratchhead: Looks delicious though!

Rocklobster, Francesca and ElizabethB like this.
  13. We were lazy and had McDonald's for lunch today. Chicken salad with pecans and cranberries for supper tonight.

14. ElizabethB

ElizabethB Well-Known Member

My Honey is out of town so I am making a mess in the kitchen.

I have most of a store bought rotisserie chicken in the fridge and took a carcass of another out of the freezer. So chicken celery soup with enough broth to separate and freeze in addition to the soup.

Rummaging through the pantry I found of package of chocolate chips. Oh my - chocolate chip cookies! I rarely crave sweets. When I do I eat a piece of dark chocolate. The chocolate chips are just too much to resist. Shame on me. I will have to hide the cookies in my desk drawer. It is really evil to tempt my Dear One with things he can not have.

15. Francesca

Francesca Senior Member

@ElizabethB

Thank you Elizabeth ..

Colds have their travelling routes around one´s weak points .. I had a sick work mate and the whole office has come down with colds and flu symptoms .. However, I had no fever, I felt like I did .. Very draining .. So, I will work at home until next Monday .. I was happy it was a bank holiday today ..

Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
    ElizabethB likes this.