What did you cook/eat today (October 2017)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feeling better (yay!) so I made us a nice dinner. Salads were a mix of romaine and spinach, topped with roasted pear, crisped prosciutto, toasted walnuts, and feta cheese.

20171025_223918.jpg

Main dish was boneless pork chops simmered with green olives and preserved lemon, with a side of penne rigate and braised escarole - a squeeze of half a Meyers lemon and a generous grating of Pecorino Romano. I may have had a glass..or two...of white wine.

20171025_223949.jpg

Frugal indeed!

Maybe too much frugal..I have pop corn for the emergency
Feeling better (yay!) so I made us a nice dinner. Salads were a mix of romaine and spinach, topped with roasted pear, crisped prosciutto, toasted walnuts, and feta cheese.

View attachment 11209

Main dish was boneless pork chops simmered with green olives and preserved lemon, with a side of penne rigate and braised escarole - a squeeze of half a Meyers lemon and a generous grating of Pecorino Romano. I may have had a glass..or two...of white wine.

View attachment 11210

Love your salad!
Do you eat pasta as side dish? Curious!

Last edited:
That salad sounds fabulous Lynne!

Yum.

Here it’s a big tray of roast veg tonight & pan fried sausages. I attend a class on Thursday nights so it’s whatever I can shove in the oven + whatever they make for themselves.

I found bulgogi marinade (Korean) for pork in an Asian market recently.

I also found bargain pork chops so this is what happened.

A10681D8-A9D1-4E14-85BC-1E6C48D74351.jpeg

I marinated the chops all day & then put them onto a hot bbq grill.

Served with sesame, chilli & ginger stir fried cabbage, broccoli & snow peas. Plus rice, cooked in stock with garlic & sesame oil.

...Love your salad!
Do you eat pasta as side dish? Curious!
Thanks on the salad. Slowly, slowly, I'm getting hubby to eat more greens salads with fruits in them. BwaHaHa!

Sometimes pasta is a side, sometimes it's THE meal. Depends on what I'm doing for supper. Along with many other non-official "Days", Wednesday was National Pasta Day. I though I would play along, had a small head of escarole to use, and found a number of recipes online similar to what I made. More often than not, though, if we have a starchy side dish it is a potato of some kind, or a bread/roll.

We had garden salads tonight - the usual mix of veggies smothered by tomato. No biggie, so no picture. Main dish was individual pizzas made on Naan bread. Hubby had normal meats and veggies. I had prosciutto, a few bits of leftover ham, orange bell pepper, green and black olives, fresh tomato, sauteed and fresh mushrooms. Slowly cleaning things out since we leave on our trip about a week from now.
20171026_203323.jpg

Errands all day yesterday. Did not want to cook. George called to tell me he was bringing something home for dinner.

SURPRIZE!!!

A dozen boiled crabs!

crab3.jpg

This is what we had left from the dozen - 2 crabs a few claws and a piece of corn and potato. The corn and potato are boiled in the seasoned water.

My tummy was so :happy:. I love boiled crabs. These were medium. Full of meat, very heavy for their size and very fat. I am not much of a beer drinker but I like a cold one with boiled seafood.

What a sweet heart. :love: that man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom