What did you cook or eat today (April 2024)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got paid to order DoorDash desserts but haven't eaten them yet.
20240412_170040.jpg
20240412_170206.jpg

The 1st one is a Reese's peanut butter and chocolate cheesecake. The 2nd is a lemon and raspberry cheesecake.

I found these fresh sea scallops yesterday for $19.99 lb:
View attachment 112242
View attachment 112241
I also had $10 off $50 so I bought some other stuff too--thin asparagus and Brussels sprouts for .99 cents lb among other things. Cooking the scallops and asparagus tonight.
So I wrapped asparagus in Prosciutto and put peppers and onions around and on top, then baked for about 15 minutes. I added mozzarella, goat cheese, and heurloom tomatoes and cooked another 5 minutes. I served seared scallops atop. OMG YUM.
20240412_225337.jpg
20240412_225352.jpg
20240412_235858.jpg

Last edited:
Technically yesterdays.
No kettle cooking as there was a tatty looking cantina next to where we are staying.
Something I love about Spain is in the less affluent areas you can still eat in most of the places and enjoy it.

There maybe broken tiles, tatty chairs n tables and other worn fixtures that are well past their best but it's clean and tidy a they seem to take some pride in providing good hospitality and food.

Plain as this looks it was delicious and they spent a while making sure (via the joy of google translate) that what they made me was gluten free. So kind it warms the cockles.

IMG_2430.jpeg

Tuna and egg salad starter (don't know what she put into google but it came out as "egg pretty egg" 😂)

IMG_2431.jpeg

Thin steak and chips all swimming in some rather lovely butter. It was huge, this is the half that was left when I remembered to take a pic 😂

Made pizzas last night. I’ve used gouda cheese before but combined it with other cheeses. Last night Gouda is the only cheese I used. I will never make a pizza with anything but Gouda again that thing was incredible.
I often use gouda in my pizza cheese blend too. Have you ever tried smoked gouda? It's even more amazing.

I love smoked gouda. Well I love non-smoked gouda too, but smoked gouda is incredible. It doesn't melt as well as regular gouda though and I think it would overpower on a pizza.
It can and does, I use a 3:1 ratio of cheese when using smoked "any cheese". Whole milk mozzarella, smoked gouda and provolone make a fantastic cheese blend for pizza.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom