What did you cook or eat today (August 2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A simple evening meal (homemade pesto) with us being out all of today.

20230827_175225.jpg

I would show you the photo of it all mixed in to show it wasn't too much pesto, but that's a messy photo and this looks much better!

see, told you!
20230827_175310.jpg

Made the chicke éttouffée recipe from "Joy of Cooking". It was good, but since I never ate the real stuff (we don't have any cajun/creole restaurants here in Portugal), I have nothing to compare to. I know I messed up the sausage, andouille sausage is unheard of here in Portugal and I picked the wrong substitute. I should have used chorizo but I just used a regular spicy sausage that completely fell apart.
View attachment 104195

If you can't get andouille, any good smoked sausage will work as a substitute. I've only made crawfish or shrimp étouffée, never chicken and sausage. It looks like this (crawfish)...

1693168019012.jpeg

I'll have to look up that JOC recipe. It's a pretty simple dish, so I'm sure it was fine.

CD

IMG_3095.JPG

I have been sooooooo ono for (that's Hawaii-Speak for "I'm really hungry for") fresh, handmade Pasta.
There's only one restaurant here in Cowboyville Arizona that makes it and they charge an arm-and-a-leg for a plate of some simple and inexpensive to make food :headshake:HARUMPH!!
I feel like I have alot more energy than previously, so I made a double batch in stages.
DH took one look at this tray drying and said, "That's not enough pasta! I'll it all myself!"
Well, we'll just see about that... me thinks not.

Both DD's were here today. We shared a strip steak, mushrooms, fries, an order of fish, and chips. Everything was wonderful. I never ordered fish from a steakhouse before. It was cod and very good, not greasy at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom