What did you cook or eat today (August 2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This will be our evening meal. I've tried a photo before hubby gets home so this doesn't include added protein...

The recipe is from one of my new cookbooks (tahini & turmeric by Vicky Cohen & Ruth Fox)
Saffron infused cauliflower soup with sumac oil.

20230828_153232.jpg

And I realise I've forgotten the lemon juice in the oil! Lol. At least it's not too late yet.
I didn't use much sumac oil because I wanted to put the soup back into the pot to reheat later on.

This will be our evening meal. I've tried a photo before hubby gets home so this doesn't include added protein...

The recipe is from one of my new cookbooks (tahini & turmeric by Vicky Cohen & Ruth Fox)
Saffron infused cauliflower soup with sumac oil.

View attachment 104235

And I realise I've forgotten the lemon juice in the oil! Lol. At least it's not too late yet.
I didn't use much sumac oil because I wanted to put the soup back into the pot to reheat later on.
Ooh that looks terrific - I have a cauli in the fridge, and some sumac so I might give that a go (found recipes on Google).

Is reheating sumac/oil a bad idea? Not that experienced with it.

Ooh that looks terrific - I have a cauli in the fridge, and some sumac so I might give that a go (found recipes on Google).

Is reheating sumac/oil a bad idea? Not that experienced with it.
The oil, sumac, lemon juice isn't heated (though I did warm the oil mixed with ground sumac initially and allowed it to cool before adding the lemon juice).

I didn't want to reheat the oil mixed into the soup because it would change the appearance of the soup once mixed it. Reheating oil and sumac isn't an issue it's just like any other spice in that sense.

This recipe is onion, garlic, cauliflower (lots of), saffron and veg stock, nothing more. It uses a lot of ground sumac but that's where a lot of the flavour is (along with lemon juice and saffron).

Last edited:
I have some catching up to do. Here's some meals from my past week.
20230823_132044.jpg

Vegetarian Indonesian dinner. Curried cabbage, sambal goreng tempeh, and eggs in peanut sauce with rice.
20230824_163130.jpg

Pandan Yuzu banana cake
20230827_122456.jpg

Tuna mayo & cucumber sandwich
20230825_121455.jpg

Chicken in creamy mushroom sauce with rice
Screenshot_20230828_061223_Samsung Internet.jpg

Spaghetti in spicy tomato sauce with pecorino romano and a breadstick
20230828_165456.jpg

Caprese salad

I have some catching up to do. Here's some meals from my past week.
View attachment 104256
Vegetarian Indonesian dinner. Curried cabbage, sambal goreng tempeh, and eggs in peanut sauce with rice.
View attachment 104257
Pandan Yuzu banana cake
View attachment 104258
Tuna mayo & cucumber sandwich
View attachment 104259
Chicken in creamy mushroom sauce with rice
View attachment 104260
Spaghetti in spicy tomato sauce with pecorino romano and a breadstick
View attachment 104261
Caprese salad

What a fab week's dishes!

Status