What did you cook or eat today (December 2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A side as in my nachos. I dont think my nachos would cut the mustard with you
?? :)

Russ

I've never walked away from a plate of nachos, even if they are dump nachos. Now, if you put beets on yours, it would possibly be the first plate of nachos I walk away from. :laugh:

CD

Mo’ pizza:

IMG_6944.jpeg

I've never walked away from a plate of nachos, even if they are dump nachos. Now, if you put beets on yours, it would possibly be the first plate of nachos I walk away from. :laugh:

CD

My nachos are pretty good I think.
Mince beef, can tomato pieces, store bought nacho mix. Chilly beans.served over nacho chips grated cheese and grilled to melting. Dip chip with mix and sour cream.
Prolly nothing like you would cook??

Russ

Chicken thai salad. Very popular here 27 deg c so perfect. New potatoes out garden. Cliff kidney brand, my fave.
Salad leaves red onion coriander, all from the garden.
Cucumber batons grated carrot basil cheese cubes bought.wife added sprouts and baby shoots.
D.i.l took meal home for hubby who has covid. Isla took one too as she loves the dressing I made.

Russ

My nachos are pretty good I think.
Mince beef, can tomato pieces, store bought nacho mix. Chilly beans.served over nacho chips grated cheese and grilled to melting. Dip chip with mix and sour cream.
Prolly nothing like you would cook??

Russ

Those are pretty normal ingredients for nachos. I generally use cheap steak pieces instead of ground/minced beef. I assume nacho mix is something you put in the minced beef? I use refried beens (kind of a paste). I also often have sour cream for dipping, and some pickled sliced jalapeños on the side.

The biggest difference between my nachos and a lot of nachos is that I use a more traditional method of building each nacho one chip at a time, instead of dumping a bunch of ingredients onto a pile of tortilla chips. Then, into the oven to heat up and melt the cheese.

Nachos were invented in a bar on the Mexican side of the TexMex border. They weren't planned out -- they were something the bar owner tossed together for some customers using some things he had at the time. They have evolved a lot over the years, and there are hundreds of ways people and restaurants make them now.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom