What did you cook or eat today (February 2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
rascal So many folks have "shamed me" that I should be making my own cordon bleu, I tried and it was rubbish!!
But, I must say, I bought this brand for years (at Costco), and it's really gone down hill. The bread coating keeps falling off!
I think I'll stick with this for now
IMG_2205.JPG

or this one
IMG_0989.JPG

rascal So many folks have "shamed me" that I should be making my own cordon bleu, I tried and it was rubbish!!
But, I must say, I bought this brand for years (at Costco), and it's really gone down hill. The bread coating keeps falling off!
I think I'll stick with this for now
View attachment 96770
or this one
View attachment 96771
I don't make it, hubby makes it...and a big mess, lol. I like the boxed stuff too. No shaming from me!

medtran49 if you have an Albertson's or Safeway, Von's, etc.

Safeway is Tom Thumb in the Dallas area, and Randall's in Houston. Both were upscale local grocery chains, until Safeway bought them. I use my Tom Thumb rewards card at Vonn's when I'm in Cali, and the cashiers sometimes look at me funny when I hand it to them. :laugh:

Safeway stores pulled out of my area years ago because they are a union company everywhere else, but not in Texas (the powers that be in Texas are anti-worker -- minimum wage is still the federal $7.50 an hour). Safeway didn't want to pay union wages in Texas, so they closed the stores and bought two other chains.

I rarely go to Tom Thumb, as there are other stores closer, and rarely buy frozen meals. Although, I buy frozen vegetables all the time.

CD

Last edited:
Yes to all of the above, and yeah, not sure if that deal went through yet with Kroger's & Albertson's.
Here in Cowboyville, we only have Safeway, Fry's (aka Kroger's), Walmart, Sprouts, and Trader Joe's ... sure do miss Publix! When we were in Florida back in 2019, I went to one every chance I got!

No, Kroger and Albertsons are separate companies. Kroger is the larger company, but Albertsons' is pretty big, and owns multiple brands, too.

CD

My cousins live in Phoenix and whenever we visit, I shop Fry's and Basha's. A few times Safeway but I didn't like it as much, at least the one by them.

And Sprouts is great for produce!

Our Sprouts in Frisco is just okay, and close to me. Lot's of stuff, but never the rarer stuff I could easily find at Fiesta (20 miles away).

CD

Lot's of posts in this thread today. It took me a while to get through them all. :okay:

Cheeseburger with onions and mushrooms tonight. No photo.

CD

This looks fabulous to me.

What sizes portions do you freeze it in?

Generally in whatever containers that I have available. The 1.8 kg above fit into 3 containers, I think 500 ml, 600 ml and 700 ml.

This was the previous batch that I froze - the container on the right is around 700 ml.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom