What did you cook or eat today (February 2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buttermilk pancakes loaded with fresh blueberries and topped with fresh strawberries, vanilla Greek yogurt, and honey. Yummmeeeeee

20230227_150205-jpg.jpg

Yip, pic doesn't show but served with feta. Her fave is well.
Not home tonight so I'll pick up something for me. Burger prolly? Bk as they do my fave shakes. Lime.

Russ
You know, you could take leftover risotto and put the feta inside of it in a ball, then bread it and fry it. I bet she'd love that!

Edited to add: Looking at the photo I think it's got ham and something else, maybe squash or pumpkin in it? Guess that wouldn't work then, you'd need plain risotto rice, though you could put wine and parmesan in the risotto coating. Just nothing chunky.

Last edited:
Yip, pic doesn't show but served with feta. Her fave is well.
Not home tonight so I'll pick up something for me. Burger prolly? Bk as they do my fave shakes. Lime.

Russ
I love lime shakes! Is that just for St. Patty Day?

Put some tequila in it and pour it into a salt rimmed glass, LOL!

I love lime shakes! Is that just for St. Patty Day?

Put some tequila in it and pour it into a salt rimmed glass, LOL!
Although fattening I prolly only have 2 a year. Has to be lime. My sons and his kids as well.
A family member i hadn't seen in 45 years when talking about similar things, he said he loved lime shakes and steak n cheese pies. Snap.

Russ

Not into tequila. Just rum and gin.

Russ
Yeah, I don't really care for tequila either, but in a lime shake with salt it would taste like a frozen margarita, which isn't bad. Rum is a better idea, though..a daquiri!

I've been buying those frozen bag meals that you add water or broth to and cook at home in a skillet or microwave primarily so Craig can cook them and I don't have to cook. I buy them when they are on BOGO primarily so if they aren't great then not much of a loss.

Tonight was Bird's Eye Garlic Chicken. It was edible but that's about the best you could say. There was very little chicken, and they were tiny pieces. Moderate amount of rotini pasta. Large amount of carrots and broccoli, though most of the broccoli was stems. Moderate amount of corn. No garlic taste. Predominant taste was carrots. I had him add about an extra 1/8 cup water last few minutes because there was supposed to be a light sauce and I could hear the pan had cooked dry when he lifted the lid to stir.

I guess if you chopped up some onions and garlic, cooked them a little, stirred in a chopped chicken breast or thigh, then proceeded with the bag, it might be good but that kind of defeats the purpose of buying the bag.

Verdict was to NOT buy again.

20230227_173851.jpg

I've been buying those frozen bag meals that you add water or broth to and cook at home in a skillet or microwave primarily so Craig can cook them and I don't have to cook. I buy them when they are on BOGO primarily so if they aren't great then not much of a loss.

Tonight was Bird's Eye Garlic Chicken. It was edible but that's about the best you could say. There was very little chicken, and they were tiny pieces. Moderate amount of rotini pasta. Large amount of carrots and broccoli, though most of the broccoli was stems. Moderate amount of corn. No garlic taste. Predominant taste was carrots. I had him add about an extra 1/8 cup water last few minutes because there was supposed to be a light sauce and I could hear the pan had cooked dry when he lifted the lid to stir.

I guess if you chopped up some onions and garlic, cooked them a little, stirred in a chopped chicken breast or thigh, then proceeded with the bag, it might be good but that kind of defeats the purpose of buying the bag.

Verdict was to NOT buy again.

View attachment 96758
I think Bertolii has some that look decent. I haven't tried them but worth a shot.

Frozen Meals - BertolliC9YQFnoECCEQAQ&usg=AOvVaw3F-HwPVyE7f_kh2pPAni3C

P.F. Changs has frozen meals that look pretty good too.

Entrées for Two | P.F. Chang’s Home Menu

Last edited:
I think Bertolii has some that look decent. I haven't tried them but worth a shot.

Frozen Meals - BertolliC9YQFnoECCEQAQ&usg=AOvVaw3F-HwPVyE7f_kh2pPAni3C

It's been a long while, but we did buy some Bertolli meals once and they were pretty good.

We got some P.F. Chang meals couple months ago and they were good, but you definitely need to look at and BELIEVE the heat warnings on them. I got the Pad Thai not believing the heat warning because most of the Pad Thai you get around here isn't spicy. OMG, it about blew out my taste buds. Even Craig admitted it was pretty spicy because he finished mine since I couldn't stand to eat any more. He got the Dan Dan noodles and said they were pretty good.

medtran49 if you have an Albertson's or Safeway, Von's, etc. I found this and it's wonderful! And it really was plenty of us two, well with a few added components ...
frozen entree from safeway.JPG
frozen entree from safeway 1.JPG

Unfortunately, our local Safeway stopped carrying this line.
💡
We're planning on going down to The Valley in April, I could find some down there I'd betcha!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom