What did you cook or eat today (February 2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 96723
The afore mentioned Stir-fried Chicken & Snow Peas with added rehydrated shiitake Mushrooms, all over that ever present steamed White Rice aka Sticky Rice and a load of chopped Green Onions, Oishii!!
I have a small portion leftover and that will be my breakfast tomorrow, even though DH thinks that weird to eat something other than cold cereal or Eggs in the Morning 🤷‍♀️
Make that x 3

I’d much rather eat leftover dinner for breakfast than cereal.

Hubby chose one of the dishes this week, he wanted the cauliflower rice tabouleh again, so bought what turned out to be a humongous cauliflower. I hadn't realised until I was almost finished that the cauliflower was twice the size of the one we had last week, so 1.2kg of usable cauliflower. I do use the leaves sometimes, but not today. No need. The original recipe on stated 300g of cauliflower, which I doubled to 600g.

So it looks like we'll be eating tabouleh for at least 4 nights this week and hubby will be taking it to work for lunch as well! Lol. That'll teach him to pick the biggest, heaviest cauliflower he can find and not tell me!

20230227_175652.jpg

The beefsteak tomato is from the garden. They need to grow a bit more before they ripen. In still working on that but they are tasty.

Do you just use chilis? No tomatoes? (tomatillos instead for salsa verde).

CD

To the chillis I added two medium onions, 12 garlic cloves, about 15 peeled fresh red tomatoes, juice of around 5 limes, a little salt and vinegar. I shall be adding a couple of handfulls of fresh coriander leaf tomorrow morning (the coriander only arrived about an hour ago).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom