What did you cook or eat today (February 2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just stopped for a break.

I'm in the middle of a rather late "spring" clean. During spring it was way too wet to do the annual clean to within an inch of its life clean of the house. I've just finished the oven. The house is due an inspection the same day of my operation and they always inspect the oven. It has to be spotless. Oh I wish I could have a choice on ovens because I would buy a self cleaning on in an instance. 2hrs including the 30 minutes after being sprayed time... it's now on a great cycle to dry it out.

So in taking the opportunity for a well earned icecream.

Pana Organic, hazelnut frozen dessert, mylk chocolate coated with hazelnuts...
https://pana-organic.com/range/hazelnut-2/

16773827883947770251170933910179.jpg

Just stopped for a break.

I'm in the middle of a rather late "spring" clean. During spring it was way too wet to do the annual clean to within an inch of its life clean of the house. I've just finished the oven. The house is due an inspection the same day of my operation and they always inspect the oven. It has to be spotless. Oh I wish I could have a choice on ovens because I would buy a self cleaning on in an instance. 2hrs including the 30 minutes after being sprayed time... it's now on a great cycle to dry it out.

So in taking the opportunity for a well earned icecream.

Pana Organic, hazelnut frozen dessert, mylk chocolate coated with almonds...
https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/productdetails/000000000000245016

View attachment 96674
That looks just like the dairy free Häagen-Dazs bars sold in the states.

That looks just like the dairy free Häagen-Dazs bars sold in the states.
I can't even get dairy free Häagen-Dazs here!

Mind you haagen-dazs went down hill when they stopped making my favourite flavour (double choc chip). It was made with a bitter sweet chocolate chip, not the overly sweet stuff that Belgian chocolate is and the chips were much larger.

We do have 3 varieties of Ben's & Jerry's but not our favourite (fish food which now comes in a vegan version I believe).

Pana chocolate is pretty good luckily but I do miss Booja Booja (UK brand that's excellent but even their chocolate range isn't suitable to the Aussie climate (melts too easily even in the colder south) ). Their ice cream is too die for. Chocolate overload. I'll try to have a tub or 2 in the UK in October!

The current favourite ice cream/ frozen desert is Magnums. We've 3 dairy free flavours here but the classic remains out favourite.

Chocolates in Australia have to have a different recipe to account for the heat. You can tell imported stuff immediately because it had usually already melted and reset before you've even opened it.

Mind you haagen-dazs went down hill when they stopped making my favourite flavour (double choc chip). It was made with a bitter sweet chocolate chip, not the overly sweet stuff that Belgian chocolate is and the chips were much larger.

We do have 3 varieties of Ben's & Jerry's but not our favourite (fish food which now comes in a vegan version I believe).

Pana chocolate is pretty good luckily but I do miss Booja Booja (UK brand that's excellent but even their chocolate range isn't suitable to the Aussie climate (melts too easily even in the colder south) ). Their ice cream is too die for. Chocolate overload. I'll try to have a tub or 2 in the UK in October!

The current favourite ice cream/ frozen desert is Magnums. We've 3 dairy free flavours here but the classic remains out favourite.

Chocolates in Australia have to have a different recipe to account for the heat. You can tell imported stuff immediately because it had usually already melted and reset before you've even opened it.

I'd love to send you some Blue Bell ice cream from the small town of Brenham, Tx, but I'm not sure it would be a pleasant experience when it got there. :laugh:

A lot of Americans think Häagen-Dazs is "imported" from somewhere Scandinavian, which makes it worth the higher price. It's from Minnesota. :ohmy: It is very good ice cream, but...

CD

You can’t walk around the streets here with open alcoholic beverages so those cups do not hold coffee.

Open display and consumption of alcoholic beverages is illegal in most of Texas, so you have to be creative. I would buy Cokes in plastic bottles, drain some off, and replace it with bourbon to go to outdoor events. :laugh:

At our teardrop camping gatherings at State Parks, the park rangers usually gave us some slack since we were older... and we invited the rangers to our big feasts in the evenings. Fill the cops with good food, and they will generally look the other way. :wink:

CD

I've actually never bought Häagen-Dazs on my own dime, but when the dairy-free bars came out a few years ago, one of the companies I work for that does quality control testing on behalf of their clients had me buy several boxes of different flavors and I was required to take photos of the packaging, date codes, and then the bars themselves on a white laminate poster board to show if there were any defects--and then I had to eat them and report on flavor, texture, etc. I liked them but at the end of that project I didn't eat any frozen treats for over a year!

Nephew´s birthday, so we all went to a local pub which has been transformed into a Mediterranean restaurant. The bartender was Albanian, the cooks were Greek, Italian, Rumanian and Hungarian - so that sounded ok to me!
Mostly Greek food - really delicious . Mixed olives, tsatziki, Mediterranean salmon,Mixed olives the Yeoman.jpg
Tsatzikis the Yeoman.jpg

Mediterranean Salmon:
Mediterranean salmon with mash the Yeoman.jpg

Whole grilled sea bass:
Whole grilled sea bream the Yeoman.jpg

Mixed kebabs (chicken and lamb)
Mixed skewers chicken & lamb the Yeoman.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom