What did you cook or eat today (February 2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some catching up, boiled hake, a mixed veg patty, boiled cauliflower, broccoli and carrot mix - all three from the store, and soba-like noodles. Those noodles are, unfortunately, only 30 % buckwheat and 70% wheat, so I was not very happy with that, nor was my digestion, luckily I did not have many. Next time, I sould read the labels more carefully, I tend to lack the discipline to read it, from time to time.

20230223_141813.jpg

But all the rest was good. I just had to handpick the green peas out of the patty, I don't digest green peas well, but no problem.

Smoked tofu, green peppers, onion in a tom sauce, over white rice. The taste was grand, but I must have overeaten after a too long of a fast, so it did not sit well...but food was good.
It led me to read and understand that some flavours to tofu can contain gluten. As well as soy sauce can be gluten inclusive, I did not know that. So, it was instructive...
20230222_175911.jpg

Oh, yes, the lovely tomato, basil cauce with burnt garlic bites:D. Over just regular gnocchi ( I do not understand why gnocchi were labeled as Vegan, but there are many things that I do not know...probably for a good reason the label said that).
I actually love love love burnt pieces of anything. It is an insider joke with my boyfriend, that I simply love eating charcoal.:roflmao:
I will however try to make my own gnocchi from scratch, as these probably have too much white flour, just felt it. But, managed.
Oh yes, some lovely red onion, fresh.

20230224_142524.jpg

Simplicity, should this soup be called, LOL. Used the soba noodles water and the gnocchi water, added some dry vegetable seasoning to it, and some glass noodles. The taste was multilayered in its bare nothingness, but I actually really liked it. I had to space out small portions as it was more gluten than I wanted...
Some wonderful Braeburn apples and unknown oranges.
But tomorrow, is a meat inclusive day, so far less starches, I guess.
20230224_150915.jpg

I was doing housekeeping work, so it was a dash, so sorry for not plating it more beautifully.

Ah, the joy and pride of the day. THE day in which I baked twice.
My spelt flour bread rolls. Inspiration by a Coolinarika.hr recipe, but I tweaked. 1 x plain. 1 x filled with spinach and eggs.
We are in love with these rolls.

The baking powder moment was a chemist's lab moment, so to speak, all foaming, it was fun, too. I had frozen two batches, the latest batch was Kipferl of smaller size, so I had photographed my hand, so that one can get a sense of proportion.

20230225_105817.jpg
20230225_110110.jpg
20230225_113053.jpg
20230225_210434.jpg
20230225_211715.jpg

Smoked tofu, green peppers, onion in a tom sauce, over white rice. The taste was grand, but I must have overeaten after a too long of a fast, so it did not sit well...but food was good.
It led me to read and understand that some flavours to tofu can contain gluten. As well as soy sauce can be gluten inclusive, I did not know that. So, it was instructive...
View attachment 96660
I always use tamari which my understanding is, is naturally gluten free. We just prefer the taste to light or dark soy sauce.

( I do not understand why gnocchi were labeled as Vegan, but there are many things that I do not know...probably for a good reason the label said that).
Gnocchi often use egg as a binding agent (similar to pasta, usually lasagne sheets) which isn't vegan. So those gnocchi won't have had egg in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom