What did you cook or eat today (January 2024)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A round up what needs using from the fridge meal.

20240102_180244.jpg

Well, we'll get 3 days from this I expect, and I can add to it tomorrow and Thursday so that the flavour changes.

It's just onion, carrot, celery, red & green peppers and fresh tomatoes. There was an open bottle of rose from Christmas day that went into it as well and a little tomato concentrate that needed using.

20240102_175341.jpg

Sourdough pizza for brunch yesterday, dinner (potjie) at my neighbours.

Cooked a ham today and sliced some up and put in a big salad of lettuce and red onion (dressing of mustard, olive oil and vinegar). That was lunch. Now going to think of what I'll have for dinner :wink:

Out n about. Booze run . 6x 1 liter.
Pay telecom called into a bakery bought a family steak n vege pie. $9..loaf of bread and a pie from the cabinet for me. $4 ate in the car on way home. The family pie will do is 2 meals of pea pie and pud. With onion and beetroot.

Russ

For those who erroneously believe that all Indian food involves curry powder, I give you "Urulikazhangu Manjal Mullangi Kari" or potatoes and carrots with coconut! :laugh: Potato & Carrots, South Indian style
I've been working my way through my (2022) Christmas present, "660 Curries", by Raghavan Iyer. Only 651 to go... but this one caught my attention today because I had most of the ingredients available and was craving something other than "Christmas" food. I cut down on the hot peppers: not for me, but for my son, who might not have the same tolerance level. However, he wolfed it down and said "Great!".
Potatoes and carrots S Indian 2.jpg

For those who erroneously believe that all Indian food involves curry powder, I give you "Urulikazhangu Manjal Mullangi Kari" or potatoes and carrots with coconut! :laugh: Potato & Carrots, South Indian style
I've been working my way through my (2022) Christmas present, "660 Curries", by Raghavan Iyer. Only 651 to go... but this one caught my attention today because I had most of the ingredients available and was craving something other than "Christmas" food. I cut down on the hot peppers: not for me, but for my son, who might not have the same tolerance level. However, he wolfed it down and said "Great!".
View attachment 108776

Saved and I'm gonna try find that cook book. Ta.

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom