What did you cook or eat today (January 2024)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made ragout* yesterday, and had the remainder with pasta today.

* You will call it differently though.
Maybe something like bechamel with mushrooms and ham?

** Looks a bit like this, but without the pastry. You'll have to use google translate :wink:
Zelfgemaakte ragout met champignons - Puur Suzanne | Vega & vegan recepten or champignon ragout - Google Search

It looks a lot like something I make, although mine is not vegan. Recipe - Chicken and Puff Pastry Shells

CD

New Year's Eve breakfast was sausage, biscuits, and over-easy eggs.

new_years_breakfast_010124_1_img_2262-jpg.jpg

New Year's Eve and Day:
Macaroni salad

macaroni_salad_010124_1_img_2258-jpg.jpg

Bread, potato salad, macaroni salad, two bean salad, olive salad. Above plate salsa and blue cheese dip. Also had a turkey and stuffing sandwich that I didn't get a picture of.

new_years_salads_010124_1_img_2274-jpg.jpg

I have to confess the idea of ranch dressing makes me shudder. I like homemade garlic and herb dressings though and it looks similar. It maybe the couple I’ve tried were pre-made and possibly not good quality.
I think it’s ’Paul Newman’ that gets sold here and it’s not worth a fig.

Might have a go at making one with good ingredients?

When we lived in your fair country, there were two things the locals hounded me for from the American commissary on the air base… Michelob beer and ranch dressing.

I like Ranch on some things, like salads. But watching Gen-Z guys on YouTube, and they put Ranch on everything!

CD

For today’s vegan lunch I went back to pasta with avocado pesto. Added in some tomatoes that I had on hand and some leftover crispy chickpeas for protein.
IMG_8672.jpeg

For dinner, I made bang bang tofu over edamame rice with a radish-avocado salad from Hello Fresh. Almost vegan except for the spicy mayo on top. Even husband liked it, and he’s not a big tofu fan.
IMG_0722.jpeg

Wifes got 1 big steak from freezer.
NO NEW POTATOES TODAY PLEASE
So I tried makkas strinf fries. Hand cut thin fries it was . With a fried egg each.
I gave steak to wife as I didn't feel like heavy food. The chips and egg with bbq sauce and garlic aolie . I can never spell that word. Grrr
10/10 all round

Russ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom