What did you cook or eat today (March 2023)?

I approached it with a spoon but was surprised that the pieces did in fact hold their integrity when held with chopsticks.
That surprises me. Silken tofu isn't something I use too often though because of its tendency to disintegrate, even in the firm variety. I haven't found a very firm or extra firm source for it yet, but it is a very good mix with regular tofu for scrabbled egg because the 2 varieties disintegrate in a way similar to scrabbled egg.

The chocolate tofu tart I made recently for hubby's birthday was silken tofu though.

That surprises me. Silken tofu isn't something I use too often though because of its tendency to disintegrate, even in the firm variety. I haven't found a very firm or extra firm source for it yet, but it is a very good mix with regular tofu for scrabbled egg because the 2 varieties disintegrate in a way similar to scrabbled egg.

The chocolate tofu tart I made recently for hubby's birthday was silken tofu though.

I suppose it can vary from brand-to-brand. I'm by no means a tofu expert, but I've encountered some that are extremely soft and pudding-like to the ones that (provided sliced thick enough) can be just picked up with chopsticks without falling apart.

I was using this one today:

IMG_8629.JPG

This’ll be included in tonight’s challenge entry:
A3AB80ED-9A13-462C-A933-ADE201A1235A.jpeg

That’s brown sugar-maple simple syrup (so I guess that means I’m making a cocktail).

The funny thing is, I looked at the little recipe (brown sugar, water, maple syrup, and cinnamon), and I measured it out, requiring three measuring spoons, cooked it all up, let it cool a bit, and poured it in that little jar.

“You’re having a drink tonight, right?” I asked MrsT.
“Absolutely!” she replied.

I kept looking at the little jar, and looking, and looking some more, and thinking, “That’s not a lot of simple syrup…”

Sure enough, went back to the recipe, and it’s for one drink. One. Drink.

Who makes one drink? Even if it’s just for myself, I’d still make two, and just have a double.

I had to go back and make a second batch, and dirty another set of measuring spoons. :laugh:

This’ll be included in tonight’s challenge entry:
View attachment 98113

That’s brown sugar-maple simple syrup (so I guess that means I’m making a cocktail).

The funny thing is, I looked at the little recipe (brown sugar, water, maple syrup, and cinnamon), and I measured it out, requiring three measuring spoons, cooked it all up, let it cool a bit, and poured it in that little jar.

“You’re having a drink tonight, right?” I asked MrsT.
“Absolutely!” she replied.

I kept looking at the little jar, and looking, and looking some more, and thinking, “That’s not a lot of simple syrup…”

Sure enough, went back to the recipe, and it’s for one drink. One. Drink.

Who makes one drink? Even if it’s just for myself, I’d still make two, and just have a double.

I had to go back and make a second batch, and dirty another set of measuring spoons. :laugh:
Sounds good. You’ll be giving the simple syrup recipe along with the cocktail recipe?

Lunch:

A9F238D9-1745-4833-A4C1-B7B8E365C502.jpeg

I’ll call this a PBJ Club. When I make afternoon tea, I buy extra-thin bread for the sandwiches, so I have it to use up.

That’s bread, butter, peanut butter, butter, bread, butter, strawberry jam (from Harrod’s!), butter, and bread.

Back
Top Bottom