What did you cook or eat today (March 2023)?

Meat pastie.i absolutely love these.

Russ

16802165647691165830202766856293.jpg

So the first day of food, photos didn't happen which is probably for the best because the food didn't happen either.

Yesterday, more food didn't happen than happened. Frequently things are the list are not arriving which is making life interesting...

So whilst the initial thoughts are that looks OK, when you start looking at what is actually there, it isn't.

For example, lunch looks fine, but the dressing is mine from a bottle because the dressing I ordered didn't happen. The hummus also didn't happen, so with the exception of the visible chickpeas, there is no protein in this meal. After major surgery that's a problem. To be honest, that's a problem anytime but after, but now more than every. Also the mid day snack didn't happen, nor the evening snack and to make life fun neither did the evening meal until an hour after the ICU staff started chasing it. And then it wasn't complete.
Again where is the protein? Typically you need 75%-100% off your weight in kg, in grams for protein. So yesterday all the protein I was served, was in these 2 meals. 60g of it? Not a hope. I'm not sure we even made 6g of protein with what I was served and that makes the assumption I ate everything, which I didn't.

Things are not looking any better today, either.

So the first day of food, photos didn't happen which is probably for the best because the food didn't happen either.

Yesterday, more food didn't happen than happened. Frequently things are the list are not arriving which is making life interesting...

So whilst the initial thoughts are that looks OK, when you start looking at what is actually there, it isn't.

For example, lunch looks fine, but the dressing is mine from a bottle because the dressing I ordered didn't happen. The hummus also didn't happen, so with the exception of the visible chickpeas, there is no protein in this meal. After major surgery that's a problem. To be honest, that's a problem anytime but after, but now more than every. Also the mid day snack didn't happen, nor the evening snack and to make life fun neither did the evening meal until an hour after the ICU staff started chasing it. And then it wasn't complete.
Again where is the protein? Typically you need 75%-100% off your weight in kg, in grams for protein. So yesterday all the protein I was served, was in these 2 meals. 60g of it? Not a hope. I'm not sure we even made 6g of protein with what I was served and that makes the assumption I ate everything, which I didn't.

Well besides being hungry and disappointed, how's your body feeling?

I was planning on having this as my midmorning snack today, until I looked at the nutrition label:

View attachment 98026View attachment 98027
I intended to be responsible and just have half, since it’s a double-decker, but after reading that, I think it’ll be consumed in quarters… :(

I can not understand how there can be 450mg of sodium in a sweet dessert. :scratchhead:But, somehow, they manage to do it.

CD

Yes, our hospital food for vegans was also abonimable when I still was vegan before my surgery. It's awful. I'm sorry you're going through this :hug:

Well besides being hungry and disappointed, how's your body feeling?

That whole scenario you endured really is inexcusable. Will your husband be packing you in some better (by which I mean, actual) food?

How are you doing otherwise? Big hug to you.
My body is sore and bruised and right now, hurting me badly despite the ketamine and Fentanyl. In just going around for some more Fentanyl which is on the pca (button for patient administered medication) on a 5 minute interval.

I'm doing OK. Pain is better managed currently. Same anaesthetist as last time and he's nice and very helpful. Asthma is holding up better than last time so far. Tomorrow morning will be the test. First am on the ward. I've been in ICU up until now.

Lunch today was great and the dietician who is avoiding me sent a new lady down. I don't mind. I've been able to show her my photos of the meals and what I estimate protein to be and she isn't impressed with what I'm getting. She appreciates the problem and is understanding. How much she can change things is another matter, but she is at least trying unlike the other lady.

Lunch today which was served with mango sorbet. Very good with my bottle of dressing.
Sadly though, all you can see in the way of chickpeas and pumpkin was all of the chickpeas and pumpkin, so again not much in the way of protein but it did taste good.

My body is sore and bruised and right now, hurting me badly despite the ketamine and Fentanyl. In just going around for some more Fentanyl which is on the pca (button for patient administered medication) on a 5 minute interval.

I'm doing OK. Pain is better managed currently. Same anaesthetist as last time and he's nice and very helpful. Asthma is holding up better than last time so far. Tomorrow morning will be the test. First am on the ward. I've been in ICU up until now.

Lunch today was great and the dietician who is avoiding me sent a new lady down. I don't mind. I've been able to show her my photos of the meals and what I estimate protein to be and she isn't impressed with what I'm getting. She appreciates the problem and is understanding. How much she can change things is another matter, but she is at least trying unlike the other lady.
It is possible that progress is being made. We'll know by mid week. They are now ordering tofu in for me. It is possible that the new lady actually got through to them! :dance:

Back
Top Bottom