What did you cook or eat today (March 2023)?

I've never seen it in my life, but remember Wiki can be edited by anyone .
I confess I find it slightly irritating when people quote Wikipedia like it‘s fact. Over the years I‘ve read quite a few things I know to be incorrect on there.
Don’t get me wrong it’s incredibly useful, just not an entirely trustworthy reference.

Good on them for banning the Daily Mail newspaper as an ’unreliable source’ though, made me laugh 😆

Chicken strips, cheesy scalloped potatoes, fried baby zucchini, and buttered steamed asparagus topped with parmigiano reggiano & pecorino romano cheese for dinner last night.

chicken_zucchini_032823_img_0854-jpg.jpg

IMG_2774.JPG

The remains of our dinner (couldn't move fast enough to get a proper photo - both of us were far too hangry :laugh: )
That WAS steamed Edamame, 3 Maki Sushi Rolls (1 raw Salmon & 2 Cucumber), Lo Mein topped with a stir fry of mixed vegetables and Beef and that bottom plate was Pork & Veg Dumplings ... MMM!
We shared all of the above ... maybe a Caramel Sundae later?

Ah what we’d generally call dauphinois or gratin.

Dauphinois is made with uncooked potatoes, gratin with cooked.
Well where I went to cooking school we parboiled the potatoes for Dauphinois unless we sliced them on a mandoline. But both ways are generally acceptable.
When I worked in catering we always parboiled to save time.

Also the above recipe is absolutely not a Dauphinois, that's always made with cream and garlic. Not with a roux based cream sauce , onions or rosemary or other herbs at all. The above is a gratin.

Back
Top Bottom