What did you cook or eat today (November 2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanksgiving dinner

Sweet potato casserole, green beans casserole, stuffing, glazed carrots, turkey, homemade cranberry-orange relish (uncooked), home-made whole berry cranberry sauce, steamed Brussels sprouts creamed pearl onions, mashed yellow potatoes, and homemade gravy.

thanksgiving_dinner_112323_1_img_1997-jpg.jpg

Apple pie with homemade whipped cream (I love Trader Joe's Vanilla Bean Paste).

apple_pie_slice_112323_1_img_2001-jpg.jpg

Got some larger cook jobs going on tomorrow, off to the shops hunting and gathering in a minute so took the lazy lunch route and for the first time ordered a burger from a place nearby.

For what is foremostly a fish and chip shop I was impressed, real meat not cooked within an inch of its life and some good homemade pickles in there, the biggest bonus (aside from the rare joy of being able to order a gluten free burger) was the brioche bun tipped into pleasant, an unusual thing in gluten free bread.
I can’t deny it wasn’t the most ladylike thing to eat 😆
IMG_1906.jpeg

Not particularly exciting.

View attachment 107427
Peanut butter on toast, hummus, tofu and chutney on toast. Came with a nectarine and a kiwi fruit

Lose the hummus, and replace the tofu with a soft cheese, and I'd eat that, for sure. :okay:

I eat crunchy peanut butter on toast a lot, often with some Strawberry Preserves.

CD

Baked Persian saffron rice with edamame beans and a little broccoli.

20231125_174723.jpg

After the photo it went back in to the microwave for 5 minutes on full power sheet it was spread out across the plate. My hubby is notorious for not reheating things properly and this was stone cold inside. If it is meant to be hot, I can't abide lukewarm, badly reheated food!

Rice and eggs not reheated properly.... should I be getting worried? :banghead:

For my Mom, I tried an experiment:
IMG_3382.JPG

On Mom's bi-weekly grocery list (I collect her groceries via curbside pickup at one of the markets around town and then I deliver it to her, put it all way for her too-this way I can easily snoop on her and see what's she eaten and what she really needs in the apartment).. she had Meatloaf or Hamburger something frozen meal ... hmmm 🤔 I make my own meatloaf out of the some mixture I make for meatballs ... I have some in the freezer! (I also put together a Spaghetti & Meatballs frozen TV Dinner)
I took 4 of the meatballs, de-frosted them overnight in the fridge... this morning formed them into a Mini Meatloaf and popped in the Air Fryer at 400° for 17 minutes ...
IMG_3383.JPG

VOILA!
Homemade Meatloaf frozen Dinner.:okay: Meatloaf, frozen Peas, Instant Mashed Potatoes and a cup of Beef Gravy.
The one thing I'm missing is the Apple Crisp in the middle of the TV Dinner :giggle:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom