What did you cook or eat today (November 2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baked chicken with creamed Spinach
1000002750.jpg

So lunch today was the same as yesterday
20231126_122252.jpg

So peanut butter on toast and hummus, tofu and fig&date chutney on toast.

And as with yesterday, I had done some work in the garden, so hubby decided on ice cream... (he's still working from home, but tomorrow has to drive in to the office)

20231127_141447.jpg

Home grown raspberries, salted caramel sauce, and chocolate ice cream. A diabetic nightmare! Lol

Easy evening meal

Curried Cauliflower, Dill and Pea Soup with some vegan sausages for protein.

20231127_181316.jpg

The original version is called curried cauliflower cheese soup (with the dill and peas in it), but obviously I can't have cheese, so I've adapted the recipe. The soup looks an odd colour simply because of the garam masala in the cauliflower/potato/onion base. I added cashew nuts to replace the milk. Plus the original recipe uses curry powder or garam masala and my GM is brown, not red or yellow like most curry powders.... still we're not fussed about the colour, just the taste. And it's a simple, cheap dish that tastes great.

Dessert was odd job strawberries. No idea why they are oddjob strawberries, but by aussie standards they are small, which might be the reason. However at $3.50 (£1.75) for 500g, I'm not complaining. I get so many more... 20231127_182457.jpg

Mushroom risotto, grilled asparagus and mixed salad with an orange/honey mustard dressing.
And we polished off half a bottle of Cabernet left over from Saturday!

Me and the boyfriend spent Saturday night decorating our sugar cookies. Clearly we could never make a living out of this, but at least we had fun.

Not so fun that we were both left with a tummy ache since some of the colored pens we used are basically sugar with food coloring. We ate all of the cookies in a row and they were all overly sweet.
1701092558234.png

Last edited:
Me and the boyfriend spent Saturday night decorating our sugar cookies. Clearly we could never make a living out of this, but at least we had fun.

Not so fun that we were both left with a tummy ache since some of the colored pens we used are basically sugar with food coloring. We ate of all the cookies in a row and they were all overly sweet.
View attachment 107497
Those look delicious!

Not so fun that we were both left with a tummy ache since some of the colored pens we used are basically sugar with food coloring. We ate all of the cookies in a row and they were all overly sweet.
View attachment 107497

My ex-wife and I built a gingerbread house every December. I actually enjoyed that Christmas "tradition." You and your fiancee should try it, if you enjoyed the cookie decorating.

We also made dog-safe gingerbread men biscuits for the two dogs.

CD

My ex-wife and I built a gingerbread house every December. I actually enjoyed that Christmas "tradition." You and your fiancee should try it, if you enjoyed the cookie decorating.

We also made dog-safe gingerbread men biscuits for the two dogs.

CD
I've thought about that as it's easy to find gingerbread house kits for sale and they look really pretty. But none of us like gingerbread so we wouldn't really know what to do with the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom