What did you cook or eat today (September 2023)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lunch eaten (soy yoghurt, passionfruit, kiwi and watermelon)
View attachment 105261

Evening meal made
(Spelt pasta, tomato, strawberry, spinach, tofu & (homemade) vegan feta salad)
View attachment 105262

So our evening meal got added to after I saw the strawberries. The soup I had planned to use them for got put back a few days and I saw that they were just ever so slightly passed their best today when I made today's salad. In fact slightly soft strawberries were great for the salad, but they weren't going to last another 2 days for me to make the next soup. So I made the soup today as well, which was a good thing because it's a definite starter soup, not a main course soup which is what we had it planned for. It's a cooked soup as well, which I don't want to be doing at the weekend.

So a starter it became.

View attachment 105264

This is curiously down as a traditional Swedish soup, though I don't know. There's loads of mint in it which is fine, but lemongrass and ginger are not flavours I associate with Swedish food... however it is nice enough, just very thin. I cut the sugar back from 250ml to just 100g (for 8 portions). It could have been just a tad sweeter for me, but not by much (maybe ½ tsp per serving).

View attachment 105263

Our main course was the above tofu, strawberry, pasta, spinach & vegan feta salad.

View attachment 105265
We both felt that the dressing needed doubling, so we'll add that to the recipe when I get chance to write it up over the long weekend we have coming (along with loosing an hour's sleep on Sunday when the clocks go forward into Australian summer time, just in time for 30-32°C!)
The soup and salad look great. Did you post recipes?

Slow cooker turkey leg with pasta and toasted breadcrumbs
View attachment 105267

View attachment 105268

The State Fair of Texas opens this weekend, and one of the traditional fair foods here is a turkey leg.

1695846244738.png

CD

Was my wifes birthday on 12th so she let cushla (d.i.l) go first while I perfected arancini balls for my wifes birthday entree. I mucked up and used jasmine rice. We have arborio here. Shallots slightly overcooked but on a whole 9/10
Few changes and we are there. Tea tonight a takeaway.

Russ

Have you made pizza base TastyReuben makes. Its dam good

Russ

You mean dough/crust? No. I make these pizzas with store bought crust. I do make my own sauce, and grow my own oregano and basil. This is a quick, easy pizza. Single serving size. If I make my own dough, I'll spend the rest of the night cleaning up the mess.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom