What foods have you recently tried for the first time?

My 38 year old colleague informed me today that last night for the very first time she tried a pickled onion, small silverskin from a jar, and she really liked it so she said she was going to buy a jar and eat them whilst watching tv, I advised against it in case her husband got the wrong idea :wink: :laugh:

I get bored easily so even though we have a few favorites that appear regularly I like to mix it up.

We have “curry night” at least once a month. Meaning I cook at least 2 Indian style curries & all the sides. We usually invite people over. I always take this as an opportunity to make one new curry at least.

Yesterday I made a screaming hot vindaloo. I’ve made it before but at least 20 years ago as I cut right back on spice when the kids were little & gradually increased it to build their tolerance. My kids are both chilli fiends these days. Due to the vinegar & lack of tomato or coconut this curry was quite a different experience for them. I also made a mild chicken coconut curry that I’ve never made before.

On another Aussie food forum that was closed a few years back we used to have challenges where 1 member (by roster after volunteering at the start of the year) would post 3 recipes & all members had a month to cook any or all of the recipes and discuss it & post pics of their version.
It was great because it made you try cooking new things all the time.

I’m glad I’ve found this forum for the same reason, it is inspiring.

Back
Top Bottom