What oil do you use to fry an egg?

I like to use butter to fry an egg, it gives the egg such a great flavour. I have tried olive oil and canola oil but I don't find you get the same buttery taste which I love about a fried egg.

@morning glory I do not film over my egg yolk as I like my eggs sunny side up and not over easy. However, you may try the above suggestion of covering the pan with a lid.

For eggs I normally use olive oil, but I also like to use coconut oil. If I make bacon first I just use the oil from that.

I have a coconut spray oil that I use specifically for this. If I'm having a big breakfast, I'll fry my sausages or bacon first, then use that grease to cook the eggs. Frying my eggs tend to not be my preferred way. Its usually boil, or poaching in my muffin pan

Butter always works for me,just needs lots of it so you can splash it over the yolk to cook it. The fat from several rashers of streaky bacon in the skillet is even better. Poaching in hot water with a dash of white wine vinegar is the healthy option mostly.

Butter always works for me,just needs lots of it so you can splash it over the yolk to cook it. The fat from several rashers of streaky bacon in the skillet is even better. Poaching in hot water with a dash of white wine vinegar is the healthy option mostly.
I'm very partial to a poached egg. Poached eggs are much underrated in my opinion. I get a sense of achievement from doing a perfect poached egg (is that sad?). But, if frying, I think butter is best and as you say, lots to splash over. I meant to try out ghee but forgot all about it (mentioned earlier in thread). Hmmm... perhaps I may try that tomorrow.

I use coconut oil as I love the nutty aroma, but I think they do neutral coconut oil now if you are not crazy about the coconut taste, which is great as you get all the benefits from the ingrdient !

I just use plain old butter. I've tried using olive oil to cook it but did not like the taste.

Are you the type who fries eggs without oil at all using some technology or a plain non-stick pan? I would still prefer to use oil when I fry my egg and sometimes would try butter to achieve that nutty flavor. Most of the time though I use olive oil and oregano in the morning. How about you?

I actually switch between olive oil and butter. I prefer the taste of butter on my eggs. I do have non-stick pans, but I find that if I don’t add something it still sticks to the pan. I love a buttery taste of eggs. It also depends on who I am making the eggs for. My husband prefers olive oil.

A small non-stick fry pan with as little vegetable oil as possible, I don't like my egg swimming in oil so I always drain on kitchen paper before putting on the plate.

Back
Top Bottom