What one fish/seafood do you dislike the most?

Ellie

Über Member
Local time
8:40 AM
I was reading an article yesterday that listed a number of things this person didn't like about x, y or z... It got me thinking. When I ate fish, I used to hate eating sardines. I really hate the smell, even now of a can of open sardines. It makes me want to gag.

So I was wondering, having never tried anything much in the way of seafood in general, what is the single one fish or bit of seafood you don't like the most? Just one, not meat but fish or seafood.

Salmon really. Its a bit oily for my taste. I'm not keen on mackerel either - for similar reasons. But oddly, I do like gravadlax and smoked salmon.

All of them. I never really had them as a kid and when my family did they always seemed to stink the house out. the tinned ones were the worst, tuna, kippers and sardines in particular. :sick:
+1 - and they ALL have bones in them. The fish eaters of this world always say "Oh this doesn't" then hand you some and surprise Yes it does. They usually try to say "Oh you can just eat the tiny ones" No - if I wanted to stick pins in my mouth I would just raid the sewing basket :yuck:

+1 - and they ALL have bones in them. The fish eaters of this world always say "Oh this doesn't" then hand you some and surprise Yes it does. They usually try to say "Oh you can just eat the tiny ones" No - if I wanted to stick pins in my mouth I would just raid the sewing basket :yuck:
I've yet to come across any smoked salmon containing bones...
Shellfish don't contain bones either. Nor do crabs or lobsters.

Its shell (outer bone if you like. But you don't eat it!
you've still got to negotiate it though. Rather like trying to get into a walnut and it breaking in to many pieces instead of staying whole and making life easy. In pieces you either have very many pieces to pick through or crunchy bits

you've still got to negotiate it though. Rather like trying to get into a walnut and it breaking in to many pieces instead of staying whole and making life easy. In pieces you either have very many pieces to pick through or crunchy bits
Dressed crab. No need to negotiate shell at all. Grilled lobster - ditto, unless the claws are served separately in shell. Some would see it as fun, cracking into claws. And just like walnuts, if you get the technique right, then the claw meat comes out whole. Eating doesn't have to be just transferring food from plate to mouth.

I've yet to come across any smoked salmon containing bones...
Shellfish don't contain bones either. Nor do crabs or lobsters.
You are dealing with someone who has found bones in both fish fingers and fish pate [and tinned tuna]. I find it easier just to avoid the whole problem and eat steak. Once upon a time I could buy fish n chips with no worries now those days seem to have gone and we get strange breeds of fish [that should have remained in the sea] bones and skin - why bother cooking the things at all.
As for crab - not really a fish is it ? Same for lobster, oysters mussels and prawns - not fish.

Me I don't like caviar or fish eggs. I tried them on holiday to Scandinavia one year with my family but they were too salty for me.

I love love love it all.

Growing up my Dads hobby was fishing & hunting... we spent many weekends on the south coast of New South Wales, staying in a caravan overlooking the sea, Mum would take us kids to the beach while Dad & his mates went deep sea fishing. Mum loved cooking with it all.

Back
Top Bottom