What produce/ingredients did you buy or obtain today (2024)?

I will make special coffee milk
Today is Men's Day in my country
I want to make myself a guest
20240125_085520.jpg

Thanks - I suppose that’s similar to Father’s Day here.
Yes, it is exactly such a day and it is important for men who do not become fathers
You are a very kind person and you always communicate and participate with me. I am very grateful
Hopefully one day I will get results from my website
I leave a gift for you

20240127_155339.jpg

Went to the farmer's market store. All either grown there or at other local farms. Strawberries at the top. Right side, a large zucchini you can barely see next to the egg plant. Left side, yellow squash and plum tomatoes. Can anybody guess what the 2 in the middle are? The 1 on the left is pretty common. The other not so much and it's origin is European, but it's also related to a multi use green grown in the U.S. south.

IMG_7387.jpeg

Yogurt is for a planned challenge entry and the cheese is for fondue in a couple of weeks.

IMG_7388.jpeg

That beer was $3US for a six-pack, because it’s best by date is May 2024. Should be gone by then.

IMG_7389.jpeg

Tahini and walnuts are for the same challenge recipe as the yogurt, and MrsT was getting nervous because she was down to her last box of PG Tips, and the international market has been out of it for two months.

IMG_7390.jpeg

I went lunchmeat overboard. Except for the chicken, I’ll probably freeze half of each package.

IMG_7391.jpeg

MrsT said she was craving cabbage, so there it is.

IMG_7392.jpeg

Whole wheat pasta, which I despise, is also for the pasta challenge, and the recipe (from a trusted source) says it’s the one recipe where whole wheat works better than white.

Can anybody guess what the 2 in the middle are? The 1 on the left is pretty common. The other not so much and it's origin is European, but it's also related to a multi use green grown in the U.S. south.
Well the one on the left looks a bit like what we call "chicoria" - a bitter leaf which is great in salads. However, it might possibly be green radicchio, which is even better!
The one on the right looks like escarole.

Well the one on the left looks a bit like what we call "chicoria" - a bitter leaf which is great in salads. However, it might possibly be green radicchio, which is even better!
The one on the right looks like escarole.
Nope, neither is correct, though you have a relative in the mix.

View attachment 109587

Went to the farmer's market store. All either grown there or at other local farms. Strawberries at the top. Right side, a large zucchini you can barely see next to the egg plant. Left side, yellow squash and plum tomatoes. Can anybody guess what the 2 in the middle are? The 1 on the left is pretty common. The other not so much and it's origin is European, but it's also related to a multi use green grown in the U.S. south.
The one on the left looks like dandelion leaves to me.

Not me but our daughter has just been . Her future in laws are at their place for 6 weeks.
Last week she asked for jar of raspberry jam and strawberry jam for them
Today shes just been and taken
1 raspberry jam
1 strawberry jam
1 jar of relish ( tomato)
1 leg of lamb
3 lbs butter.
1 bottle of raspberry coulis.
Wifes at work. What she doesn't know wont hurt her

Left happy as a sand boy.

Russ

Back