What type of cookware do you have?

Lidl do a great multi purpose frying pan by Ernesto..mines is about 5 year old its been in the oven/ under to grill /curry's cooked in breakfast cooked in i even cooked a nice omelette this morning in it....in fact everything has been cooked in it and its still going strong its fairly heavy but is my my opinion on of the best pans about for the money you pay for it they come in various sizes View attachment 9141
I have a similar 8" one by Fissler. Absolutely brilliant. It was free from Tesco with coupons 3 or 4 years ago, and is used several times a week.

Lidl do a great multi purpose frying pan by Ernesto..mines is about 5 year old its been in the oven/ under to grill /curry's cooked in breakfast cooked in i even cooked a nice omelette this morning in it....in fact everything has been cooked in it and its still going strong its fairly heavy but is my my opinion on of the best pans about for the money you pay for it they come in various sizes View attachment 9141

Are they still selling it? I have two Lidls around here but generally use Aldi as it is literally a five minute walk from me. But in both places they have a very brief window in which to buy cookware and other non-food items.

Are they still selling it? I have two Lidls around here but generally use Aldi as it is literally a five minute walk from me. But in both places they have a very brief window in which to buy cookware and other non-food items.
According to their offers catalogue it is available until the 19th http://www.eoffersuk.com/lidl-offers-1372017-1972017, but our large LIDL very rarely has anything left after the weekend.

I have a mish mash of stuff...Lagostina, Paderno, Le Crueset, a stack of cast iron, Kitchen Aid..no name stuff from the Boer War. One pan that has the handle replaced with 3/4 inch copper pipe(that one is my favorite, actually).
jnhvlMB.jpg

Gimme that orange Dutch oven!! Hah!!

Last edited:
I was going to get one, until I realised I could hardly lift it when it was empty, let alone when it was full of food :roflmao:
Yes. It can get quite heavy. I rarely cook anything in such large batches any more. I prefer to use the smaller ones I have...

Yes. It can get quite heavy. I rarely cook anything in such large batches any more. I prefer to use the smaller ones I have...
I have some German ones which are lighter and much more suited to one or two people. There is also a matching huge one, which I use mainly on the hob for making stock nowadays (it's a good size for making cider too!), but I have the same problem with that one being very heavy when full. I bought them in 1970 shortly before my daughter was born, and they are still going strong.

Lodge 5-qt cast iron Dutch Oven..jpg

Luckily, this 5-qt Lodge Dutch oven has a swing handle to make lifting it easy!! :wink:

Last edited:
I go very light and portable on cookware.

It looks just like T-fal Cookware.

Yes, I have some T-Fal. But I've found a problem with it as I like to use those NuWave induction cook tops. T-Fal won't heat on NuWave. I had to purchase the NuWave pots and pans to work with it. The only way I can use the T-Fal on NuWave is to set a NuWave fry pan down first and put the T-Fal pot or pan into it. It sounds kind of counter-productive, but think about it. I have one large stock pot from NuWave and one from T-Fal. If I want to do for example, a large amount of spaghetti sauce and simultaneously cook the spaghetti or vermicelli, using that technique comes to the rescue.

I use a lot of pyrex glass stuff that is microwave safe. Yes, I feel comfortable using a microwave to cook a lot of things. For example, a baked Idaho potato can be managed micro-zapping for 6-7 minutes one side and repeating after flipping for the other. It's fast and easy.

BTW: The NuWave pots and pans clean up just as quick and easy as the T-Fal.

es, I feel comfortable using a microwave to cook a lot of things. For example, a baked Idaho potato can be managed micro-zapping for 6-7 minutes one side and repeating after flipping for the other. It's fast and easy.
There is a thread not long ago about cooking in the microwave. I've been trying to use i much more. I'll hunt out the thread...

Tonight's meal features a bowl used for mixing of the filling for my stuffed shells, it is this lovely Pyrex cinderella bowl i just picked up at the thrift store this week...not sure what set it belongs to but it is lovely bright yellow:

82F4755D-DC41-4654-B908-6B195C36EED3.jpeg

Then the shells were cooked in this fabulous stainless steel tri-ply FlavorSeal pot by Cory that my mom bought while still in high school back in the 1950's:

F0A3414F-CF5C-42F6-A4DB-BD91F32D7796.jpeg

And then they were assembled, cooked and served in this wonderful pyrex spring blossom baking dish:

E4FBBB57-2E8C-42F2-BB8B-29B9EF0ABD20.jpeg

The pots in the background were not featured in the making of this meal but look so shiny on the cooktop, on the left is a set of pots with a brand of Canadiana which i can not find any info on but are a lovely set of waterless cookware in smaller sizes than my mom's flavorseal set. And the small stainless steel dutch oven on the right is a LustreCraft 5-ply...i buy most my cookware at the thrifts and find some amazing pots. I grew up cooking with waterless cookware so seek out the same at the thrifts.

Back
Top Bottom