What type of cookware do you have?

GadgetGuy

(Formerly Shermie)
Local time
12:28 PM
IMG_20161019_142650621 (1).jpg

Here's mine in Orange. It looks just like T-fal Cookware. I like the gray nonstick interiors also! :wink:

Last edited:
After years of using various types of sucepans I've settled on simple stainless steel set. They come out of the dishwasher sparkling and can be used on the hob or in the oven. Other than that, 2 good non stick frying pans (one large, one small) and a non stick 'chef's pan', which doubles as a wok. Both of which can also be used on hob or in oven. Also one large stainless steel stock-pot.

Other than that I have a few enamel dishes which go in the oven. Not much else (small kitchen).

I have 2 stainless steel skillets the size of Shermie's. I also have a 10 and a 12 inch stainless steel skillets. My saucepans and stickpots are also stainless. I recently added a 9.5 inch square and a 10 inch non-stick skillet. They are the red copper ones and for an amazement work as advertised. Oh I forgot about my cast aluminum saucepans that range from small to wouldn't fit in Shermie's oven.
I have 3 enameled pieces that I got from my mom. (They are burnt orange).

Mainly stainless steel saucepans for everyday use. Also a set of cast iron pans and casseroles for when things need to go in the oven. Recently discovered the joy of a ceramic frying pan, but it's not proving very durable.

Corningware & Pyrex glass baking pans..jpg

I also have some of the Corningware & Pyrex baking pans. Those 2 large bags of rice has since been removed & emptied into storage jars. :wink:

Currently half price on Amazon deals.

315WbHUOQqL._SL500_SS75_SS75_.jpg

Circulon Infinite Hard Anodised Cookware Set - 5 Piece
by Circulon
Link: http://amzn.eu/1OaDh8O

This is the set of pans I use except mine must be over 20 years old and work like new. there are scratches on the lids that's all. I can't imagine life without them. The only thing that doesn't clean off easily is scrambled egg so I have a special small non-stick pan for that. I also have a large stainless steel pan for cooking large quantities of soup or pasta.

by Circulon

This is the set of pans I use except mine must be over 20 years old and work like new. there are scratches on the lids that's all. I can't imagine life without them. The only thing that doesn't clean off easily is scrambled egg so I have a special small non-stick pan for that. I also have a large stainless steel pan for cooking large quantities of soup or pasta.
I have some Circulon too but I found it does wear. It could be my cooking techniques! I now use mainly stainless steel for saucepans but I still have a few Circulon small frying pans. That is a good price, though (for Circulon).

by Circulon

I was thinking of buying some new saucepans but I'm not sure I need the whole set featured. My last bought were maybe ten years ago and are anodised but now a bit scratched.

I have some Circulon too but I found it does wear. It could be my cooking techniques! I now use mainly stainless steel for saucepans but I still have a few Circulon small frying pans. That is a good price, though (for Circulon).

I was thinking of buying some new saucepans but I'm not sure I need the whole set featured. My last bought were maybe ten years ago and are anodised but now a bit scratched.

I am very particular about never using anything metal, only wooden or nylon tools. I always soak them after use in hot water, never cold. I wonder how many more years I'll get before they wear out.

I am very particular about never using anything metal, only wooden or nylon tools. I always soak them after use in hot water, never cold. I wonder how many more years I'll get before they wear out.

I try and be careful. It could be that my pans were not as good quality as the Circulon. I've been looking at the Stellar range of stainless steel.

I've got a set of stainless steel saucepans and a stainless steel frying pan with lid, a very heavy omelette pan, a Pyrex roasting dish and a couple of Pyrex casserole dishes which are used regularly. I tend to use the oven more than the hob, so I've also got a set of four enamel saucepans with lids which are handy for cooking veg in the oven - they were only cheap 47 years ago and I never expected them to last so long :D

Ahh like several others. I have some wonderful stainless steel cookware saucepans and frying pans. However, I have 3 different cast iron skillets that I use on a regular basis. I just love cooking with the stainless steel cookware, but won't part with my cast iron. :)

A seasoned cast iron skillet is a joy. I have none such but I understand as I have used them in the past. :)

Back
Top Bottom