What type of cookware do you have?

I have a mish mash of stuff...Lagostina, Paderno, Le Crueset, a stack of cast iron, Kitchen Aid..no name stuff from the Boer War. One pan that has the handle replaced with 3/4 inch copper pipe(that one is my favorite, actually).
jnhvlMB.jpg

Here you go. It is a Canadian made pan...Originally had a wooden handle, and we all know what happens when we mix wood and open flame..Below is a photo of
what the original handle looked like
InWo3GC.jpg

3h96BqU.jpg

Nice job on the handle re- fit. :highfive:

We're the same as Rock here. We have a mix up of whatever has survived over the years from various sets, plus pieces handed down to me from relatives.

It's a combination of Emerilware, All Clad, Le Crueset, Calphalon, Bialetti, Lodge, KitchenAid, and some unidentifiable pieces, plus some Asian stoneware.

My favourite is a huge, older Bialetti non-stick deep saute pan that is around 36cm across. You don't have to worry about overcrowding with a pan that size.

I also have a very old cast iron skillet that was my Aunt's from Norway. It's at least 80 years old. Probably older.

I will have to dig it out. We moved a year and a half ago, and so many of our possesions are still in boxes.

..... only wooden or nylon tools. I always soak them after use in hot water, never cold. I wonder how many more years I'll get before they wear out.
I just stick mine in the dishwasher - it doesn't seem to hurt them; in fact, the wooden spoons I've got were bought in 1971 (when I got my own flat!) and the spatula isn't much younger. I just take them out as soon as the dry cycle finishes and don't let them "stew" in the damp steam afterwards, Even my first (Tesco cheap, Value) plastic colander lasted until the late 1990s, and it wasn't the dishwasher that killed it - it was something heavy that I accidentally dropped on it. Its replacement is still going strong. The decent metal one I treated to myself a few years ago is not dishwasher-proof and is not used very often. The bowl on the new scales I have is similar and not dishwasher-proof either; a real pain in the bum :mad:

Currently half price on Amazon deals.

Circulon Infinite Hard Anodised Cookware Set - 5 Piece
by Circulon
Link: http://amzn.eu/1OaDh8O

Sorry, I couldn't even afford the offer prices - I could live quite happy on £193 for 8-10 weeks. My enamel pans cost £2 for a set of 3 plus £2 for the enormous one in 1970. They've outlived lots of other far dearer pans I've bought over the years and the set of 3 is used regularly for cooking veggies in the oven rather than on the hob. The smallest one is only now starting to show signs of wear, but that is the one I use most.

I would love a Lodge dutch oven. One with a flat, lipped lid so you can put coals on top.

I need to sand and reseason all of my cast iron skillets, fajita pan, and my carbon steel wok. Since we've moved, all of them have gotten a little rusty from lack of use plus a few boxes got a little wet as I hauled them in an open bed pickup truck.

How does everyone season their cookware?

I've always used vegetable shortening, wiping it on and then placing the item in a hot oven until it bakes on.

The wok is a bit trickier. I usually do that over a high output gas burner, moving the wok around to heat each quadrant (what's the word for a tringular slice of a half sphere? The math is easy, but the name escapes me).

Back
Top Bottom