What type of Wok do you use ?

Francesca

Local time
2:24 AM
My parents just gave me a phenomenal 28 Centimetre or 11 inch round Wok as a gift yesterday ! What a phenomenal surprise.

It is an Italian Percutti, non stick Stone PFOA free, aluminum Wok ..

Photo Copyright: Francesca Guillamet

WOKCBIMG-20170725-WA0003.jpg

Last edited:
Does it have a lid?

It's virtually impossible here to get a wok with a lid.

I have 5 woks although one is only 150 mm diameter. :happy:

@Yorky,

No it does not come with a Lid however, I have several glass lids that fit this size Wok ..

I have never prepared an Asian dish at home and I was discussing this when I saw a récipe here on C.B. and thought it would be a lovely fairly simple way to have something a bit different !

Duck Egg is a Wok !!! Cool shot ..

Have a lovely day .. Thanks for participating ..

I have one with a lid which I came across by accident. Unfortunately it's not very tight fitting but it's relatively adequate for a dum or a balti.

wok and lid s.jpg

My parents just gave me a phenomenal 28 inch or 11 centimetres Wok as a gift yesterday !

I think you may mean 11 inch or 28 centimetres.

Not that I wish to be pedantic!

My parents just gave me a phenomenal 28 inch or 11 centimetres Wok as a gift yesterday ! What a phenomenal surprise.

It is an Italian Percutti, non stick Stone PFOA free, aluminum Wok ..

Photo Copyright: Francesca Guillamet

View attachment 9342
I do believe you got your inches and centimeters backwards.
That wok does not look like it is over 2 feet wide or 1/2 an inch wide.

Oh and I typically use an aluminum skillet instead of a wok.

My Mom loved Chinese food. She joined a cook book club that gave you a "free" wok with three Chinese cook books. She bought it all...and then gave it to me to learn all about it. :laugh: It was a carbon steel wok, took a little while to season just right, then was perfect. It's still perfect, but our son has it now. When we got our glass top stove I couldn't use it any more since the bottom was rounded and the cooking ring isn't efficient on a glass top stove. I've used various pans for stir-fry, but none of them were as good as my old wok.

Fast forward to a month or two ago. We were poking around a kitchen goodies shop and I spied a carbon steel wok! Not exactly like my old one, but the real carbon steel. I've been waiting to get a big enough block of time to scrub all the protective lacquer off, then spend a half-hour stirring scallions and ginger around in oil to season it. This cooler weather actually might be the right time.

@Lynne Guinne

I am a grand fan of Japanese & Thai cuisines and had mentioned to my husband and parents, that I would love to have a Wok.
It was a quite a surprise .. As I had plans to go purchase one ..
Now for the Thai rice noodles and the Kyoto Noodles ..

Nice story.
Thank you.
Have a lovely day ..

I regularly used to go for lunch with my Chindian mate to a food court just outside Kuala Lumpur. There was a Chinese outlet in there and the guy had the biggest wok I've ever seen. He was cooking for I guess 2 or 3 hours continuous because the outlet was very busy (the preparation of the raw ingredients and the serving were someone else's problem).

I went to get a Chinese carry out last night.

Whilst I was awaiting the food, the Chinese cook asked me what I did for a riving.

"Do you mean living", I asked. "Yes", he responded.

"I am a comedian", I said.

"OK, let me see you change colour then".

"Not a chameleon; a comedian!"

"OK, make me laugh then; tell me a joke".

It was at that time that I notice that my food cooking in the kitchen had caught fire.

I shouted "Wok! Wok!"

He said "who's there?"

I thought "Bugger this I'm going for an Indian".

Back
Top Bottom