What's your favourite salad?

Rachele

Veteran
Local time
2:35 AM
I really enjoy salad and will eat almost any salad combination, as long as it doesn't contain parsley or coriander - both of which I detest. But I have two favourite salads; Ceaser salad, with or without chicken, and Greek salad. I could eat either of these salads every day in the summer.

I do have a confession, though, and that is I absolutely love French fries as a side order with a salad. I know that's kind of defeating the object, but I can't help myself!

I like Greek salad with cherry tomatoes, olives and feta cheese, or Italian salad with plenty of red onion, baby plum tomatoes and cold pasta.

I make my own dressings from oil and vinegar, honey and mustard. I never used malt vinegar, but I do like cider apple, wine and balsamic vinegars.

I don't like limp lettuce and will use grated raw cabbage or green vegetables if I can't get a suitably crispy lettuce. I also like cooked new potatoes, hot or cold, with my salad.

I often use extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar as a salad dressing. If I want to cut the calories even further, I will just use balsamic vinegar. I have a bottle of very good, aged balsamic, it's quite thick compared to other balsamic, and it's sweet to taste, so it makes a fantastic dressing.

My favorite salad is the fruit salad.
I do not like salads made from fresh leaves but I could eat those occasionally. The taste of combined fruits is really delicious especially if it is made from fresh fruits and not canned.

Hm, I'd prefer our own chicken potato salad, I guess. It's a simple salad made from chicken, potatoes, other vegetables like carrots, cucumbers, (practically anything you want to add), that's covered with layers of mayonnaise. You then store it in the fridge for a few hours and then eat it while it's cold. It's our preferred "salad" especially for desserts. Mixing this with the fruit salad kind of gives an odd but good feeling in the tongue. I'm not sure if it's exactly recommended for the stomach, but for me it's really good, hehe.

A classic greek salad always hits the spot with tons of feta and olives!

My favorites are potato and macaroni salad, but I'm very particular about the way it's prepared. I dislike ones that have too much mayonnaise on them or when the flavor is too pronounced. I prefer my salads to have a more subtle tone to them, but when it comes to green salads, I prefer the dressing to be tastier, and among those, honey mustard and thousand island dressing are my favorites.

One that I've been eating a lot lately is a rather simple asian salad with chicken. I just marinade some boneless skinless chicken thighs in soy sauce overnight, then pan fry them in a little vegetable oil until they are a deep golden brown then let them rest, and slice them into strips. For the salad. it's usually just a romaine blend, along with a few sliced cucumbers, tomatoes, and some roughly chopped green onions. Then I make a simple oil and vinegar dressing with just vegetable oil and rice vinegar, top the salad with the chicken and pour the dressing over it. If I have some slivered almonds or some cashews on hand, I will throw those in too for crunch.

I also enjoy making a seafood pasta salad, with mini shells pasta and shredded imitation crab meat, along with carrots, celery and onion, mayo, a little Old Bay, a pinch of sugar and a small amount of mustard.

I also enjoy making a seafood pasta salad, with mini shells pasta and shredded imitation crab meat, along with carrots, celery and onion, mayo, a little Old Bay, a pinch of sugar and a small amount of mustard.

What's Old Bay? Enquiring minds want to know...

My favorite salad is a mixture of grated coconut, whole kernel corns, small tapiocas, sweetened condensed milk and all purpose whipped cream. Simple ingredients but with a great taste!

First off, it has to be dark, leafy greens for me. I'm not a fan of lettuce, though I can take romaine. I prefer spinach, chard, kale, as long as it's leafy! As far as toppings, feta cheese, cherry tomatoes, chickpeas, cucumber...I don't need grilled chicken in it but I'm not opposed. And balsamic vinegar. I think I just made myself hungry typing that out.

For salads, I often use two types of Kale. Dino Kale, the dark green kind, and Red Kale. I mix that with a spinach spring mix, throw in some bits of sliced chicken breast, or ham, and flavor it all with some olive oil and vinegar dressing. Awesome taste, and pretty healthy too!

Back
Top Bottom