What's your favourite salad?

I love a salad consisting of shredded kale, spinach, raddichio, radish, mushrooms, carrots, brussel sprouts, ham, cheese, dried cranberries, and pumpkin seeds. So yummy and good for you.

I really enjoy salad and will eat almost any salad combination, as long as it doesn't contain parsley or coriander - both of which I detest. But I have two favourite salads; Ceaser salad, with or without chicken, and Greek salad. I could eat either of these salads every day in the summer.

I do have a confession, though, and that is I absolutely love French fries as a side order with a salad. I know that's kind of defeating the object, but I can't help myself!
Honestly I would go with a fruit salad if I had a choice, don't get me wrong I like salads in all forms, as long as it's all plant base. I don't eat Meat so I won't be mixing my salad with any animal product. The best vegetable salad for me is homemade with my own dressing.

I once had a salad with blue cheese, pine nuts, roasted asparagus, beetroot and rocket leaves. I don't know what its called and I've only ever had it that time....it was absolutely delightful though :)

Wow your salad suggestions sound great. I wish someone would make me some salads like that! Unfortunately I'm not very creative with leafy salads and they all come out tasting the same to me. For a while my favorite was roasted vegetables with red leaf lettuce, but I think we over did that. Then for a while I enjoyed just plain iceberg lettuce with onions, and goat cheese and vinegar.

I really enjoy a classic chef salad containing lettuce (the more varieties the better), carrot, cherry tomatoes, hard boiled egg, cheese, and diced up ham and turkey. It seems that all of these ingredients defeat the real purpose of eating a salad :laugh:. I have recently become a fan of chipotle chicken salad as well. The shredded tortilla crunchies on top of this kind of salad are a huge treat.

I had a good kale salad at an event that I would like the recipe to. It was so good, I would like to have this salad in my home at least once a week.

I love a good Russian salad. It's basically a mix of ingredients (some cold cut meats, cucumber and some other stuff) in this mayonnaise-like dressing/sauce. I've never had a bad russian salad before actually

In our country we have the Shopska salad, which is religiously loved around here and rightfully so. It's a fantastic mixture of tomatoes, cucumbers, feta cheese and olives (although depending on where you eat it, the ingredients may differ and some extra stuff might get included). That's probably my favorite, because it's not only incredibly healthy, but amazingly tasty as well.

My favorite salad is Broccoli Salad. It is so good. I usually make it and bring it to family get togethers.
It is always a big hit and it usually the first salad to go. You can also add cauliflower to it which gives
it a different taste. I usually just stick with the Broccoli though.

A warm nicoise salad with fresh tuna and a poached egg,
Or a good chicken ceaser salad
Nicoise, done properly is absolutely my favourite salad, too. Recently, I ate in a restaurant owned by Italians and ordered this. It came without anchovies which I felt was wrong. When I questioned this they assured me it was an authentic recipe. I suppose its one of those classic dishes which has variants? What do you put in yours @Berties?

Nicoise, done properly is absolutely my favourite salad, too. Recently, I ate in a restaurant owned by Italians and ordered this. It came without anchovies which I felt was wrong. When I questioned this they assured me it was an authentic recipe. I suppose its one of those classic dishes which has variants? What do you put in yours @Berties?

Olives ,capers French beans ,anchovies ,tomatoes ,cooked potato,and vinaigrette
Is the traditional version in the repertoire but got to add egg

I love any salad that calls for mayonnaise, a touch of sugar, a half pinch of salt, onion, white pepper...that's a simple cole slaw. I find those ingredients leave a good taste in my mouth with some mustard or sour cream here or there. I use it with broccoli sometimes.

Olives ,capers French beans ,anchovies ,tomatoes ,cooked potato,and vinaigrette
Is the traditional version in the repertoire but got to add egg
But what about the tuna? I thought that tuna was the central ingredient. The trad version is with hard-boiled eggs but I prefer poached, as you say. Some versions don't include potatoes. I sometimes don't but eat with crusty French bread.

But what about the tuna? I thought that tuna was the central ingredient. The trad version is with hard-boiled eggs but I prefer poached, as you say. Some versions don't include potatoes. I sometimes don't but eat with crusty French bread.
I take the basic ingredients of things like compound salads or classic dishes from le repertoire de la cuisine,I take this as a little bible ,any other ingredients are add ons,

Back
Top Bottom