What's your favourite salad?

For salads, I often use two types of Kale. Dino Kale, the dark green kind, and Red Kale. I mix that with a spinach spring mix, throw in some bits of sliced chicken breast, or ham, and flavor it all with some olive oil and vinegar dressing. Awesome taste, and pretty healthy too!

I have to admit that doesn't sound very appetising to me at all. Kale is awful, unless it's wilted and mixed with mashed potatoes to make colcannon! :D

I am not much familiar with the names of the salads. I eat mostly all of them as long as they don't contain any meat. Potato salad and its variations are the ones that I often eat because potato is my staple food.

I guess Kale is sort of an aquired taste. Hahaha. I feel the same way about brussell sprouts. I have friends who swear by them, and say they are the best vegetable, they can't live with out them, and so forth, but I just can't stand them. They even make me gag. But Kale I've always loved! Different strokes for different folks I guess : )

I guess Kale is sort of an aquired taste. Hahaha. I feel the same way about brussell sprouts. I have friends who swear by them, and say they are the best vegetable, they can't live with out them, and so forth, but I just can't stand them. They even make me gag. But Kale I've always loved! Different strokes for different folks I guess : )
Yes! My mother made an excellent kale dish a while back but cannot remember what ingredients she used. Since then, she has cooked in a rush (very tough), over-seasoned (vinegar dish, maybe), or just put no love into it.

I love Cobb salads with real bacon and Bleu cheese. Trader Joe's also has a Seafood Louie salad and Country chicken salad with cranberries and pecans that are to die for! At home, I love any creation with Romaine lettuce, sliced mushrooms and crispy onions.

Before starting my dinner , i always make sweet and chilly salads. i am using sweet onions , carrot and white radish rings which would be chopped . At last but not least use lime juice on it and a small amount of salt &pepper with BBQ sauce . :wink:

I have a love for Greek salad, and Chopp salad!! Due to my diet it mostly all that I consume with balsamic vingearette I just love the taste of a fresh crisp salad.

I like a nice fresh California Cobb salad personally. I also like the occasional seafood salad with lots of big lumps of crab meat. Mmmmmm!

To me it's a tie between Chicken Ceaser salad and Bacon and Spinach salad. My favorite bacon and spinach is the one you can find at Trader Joe's. It's so delicious! If I'm at a restaurant and want a salad I'll usually go with the Chicken Ceaser salad, which tastes good in most places!

I absolutely love a wedge salad, not the healthiest but I could eat one every day--as long as there aren't too many tomatoes involved. The best is when I restaurant makes it with pancetta instead of bacon. A close second is a grilled caesar salad. Not many restaurants make them, and I have had a few bad ones, but when they're done right they are delicious because it adds a bit of warmth to the salad along with the delicious grilled taste that really compliments the romaine.

I am not a huge fan of lettuce, so I will use spinach in its place, and add shredded kale, raddichio, and thinnly sliced brussel sprouts, then add cranberries, pumpkin seeds, a little diced ham, sliced mushroom, diced radish, a little shredded cheese and Italain dressing. My son eats this up.

Anything with spinach in it and red onions and cranberries. If I have those three ingredients then I am fine with anything else that I put in, especially olives. I also love taco salad!

Ploughman lunch or çoban salatasi are lovely but the best is waldorf salad. I could never appreciate fruit in salad until I got older.

Not a fan of raw mushrooms. I know some like them but I cannot get away with it. Nor radishes.

To the posters who like spinach salads do you use raw spinach or do you steam it a bit? Just asking because I love spinach and am always looking for new ways to enjoy it but raw spinach upsets my stomach so I have to stick with it steamed.

To the posters who like spinach salads do you use raw spinach or do you steam it a bit? Just asking because I love spinach and am always looking for new ways to enjoy it but raw spinach upsets my stomach so I have to stick with it steamed.
raw here... how is wilted spinach with your stomach? rather than actually cooking it, just warm it til it wilts

Back
Top Bottom