What's your favourite salad?

It's very seasonal, but when wild garlic is around, I usually get through a few salads with a base of wild garlic leaves. Otherwise, anything I fancy; a nice vigorous blue cheese like Cashel or Shropshire is nice, with some fresh beetroot and a few scallions (spring onions for those unfamiliar with the dialect word). A crusty baguette does a job, too.

Our favorite salad is the Caesar's salad. That's our usual order in the steak house that we go to. Before the steak is served, my husband and I would finish a bowl each of Caesar's salad that is served with bread. In another steak house, the salad is served with soup and a piece of bread. But we do not finish the salad at once, we eat just half and reserve the half to be eaten with the steak. The first resto uses crisp lettuce while the second resto uses romaine lettuce which is better.

Mine is Guacamole. Aside from the lovely sound of it I can eat that stuff with most of my meals. My version comprises of tomato slices cut to size after which throw in onion slices. After mixing the two I then throw in avocado chunks and some chillies. I whip up the mixture to a smooth salad ready to eat!

I love Greek salad the feta cheese, Romain lettuce, olive oil base and grapes are the perfect combination of tangy, sweet and salty. It's definitely my favorite in restaurants. I also love the Pomelo salad of Thai cuisine just because they also add cashew and mint for a crunchy and refreshing taste.

Back
Top Bottom