What's your picky eater score?

buckytom

Veteran
Local time
6:21 AM
I saw this game on Fakebook today and thought it was interesting.

For each food in the table, you get 1 point for each food you would NOT eat. The higher the score, the more picky you are.

I got a zero. :hungry:

What's your score?

29541560_10155203302136759_8103545159414198810_n.jpg

There are only two that would require provisos, Liver and raisins. I will only eat certain livers which have to be in a dish as an ingredient, same with raisins. Keeping that in mind, my score would be zero.

I got a zero.
Same here. These aren't even particularly weird items, either! (except maybe snails and liver, which I also don't mind if prepared properly). I can't imagine too many on this forum who would register too far above 0, either. For various members of my family, however, there are definitely a few on that list. My wife says she doesn't like tomatoes, but she likes ketchup, pasta sauce, tomato soup...basically, anything where you forget that you're eating a tomato. :laugh:

This practically begs for us to create our own composite list of weird foods. I still will never say never, but I have to say that there are a few that would be in the "rather not" list. @fp-music: mentioned durian, which seems like a...difficult ingredient.

I got a 2 sort of. Believe it or not, I don't like Nutella. I also won't eat grocery store canned tuna, though I will once in a great while eat the premium canned tuna (aka expensive stuff) you have to order in a nicoise salad. Not real fond of tofu, but I have and would eat it.

There are only two that would require provisos, Liver and raisins. I will only eat certain livers which have to be in a dish as an ingredient, same with raisins. Keeping that in mind, my score would be zero.

You don't like liver and bacon or liver in onion gravy or calves liver in Marsala sauce? I could go on....

Raisins is an odd thing to be picky about - in which dishes don't you like them?

I scored 1 but that is only because I have a mayo intolerance and it makes me feel nauseous. If I didn't have the intolerance, I'd eat it, as I have nothing against the taste. Not sure what Ranch Dressing is - I could look it up, I know! But if that has mayo in it I'd have to avoid that too.

I don't much like white chocolate but would eat it if it was presented to me in a dessert.

I got a 2 sort of. Believe it or not, I don't like Nutella. I also won't eat grocery store canned tuna, though I will once in a great while eat the premium canned tuna (aka expensive stuff) you have to order in a nicoise salad. Not real fond of tofu, but I have and would eat it.

I don't much like Nutella either but I would eat it. I just wouldn't particularly choose to eat it.

I don't much like Nutella either but I would eat it. I just wouldn't particularly choose to eat it.

I guess if it was presented to me to eat at someone's home, I'd eat it to be polite, but certainly not willingly or by choice.

Craig will eat golden raisins in dishes like picadillo, even the regular raisins, but not in something where they are front and center. He loves currants though.

Liver, he'll only eat chicken livers in something like dirty rice or multi-meat bolognese. He won't eat something like fried chicken livers, and certainly not calf or beef liver. To be fair though, I won't eat calf or beef liver either, just don't like them. He had several food hangups because of what his parents subjected him to. His Oma was a good cook, his mom or dad not so much. Case in point, ham. His mom used those horrible canned hams, that's why he's always been so negative toward hams.

Last edited:
What about other commonly dried fruits? Cranberries, apricots, dates, blueberries, apples, and so on?

What about other commonly dried fruits? Cranberries, apricots, dates, blueberries, apples, and so on?

We use dried apricots in a lamb tagine, and dried cherries in several dishes plus dried currants, though you have to be careful buying them because they are selling zante currants, which are really raisins. Other than that, Craig doesn't really eat dried fruit and I only use it when I make homemade granola.

Zero here as well, love livers and gravy , also one of my faves is chicken liver pate. If tripe was on the list I would be 1, this stems from my late mother forcing me to eat it as a kid, man I HATE tripe.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom